Created from the body of a drow, warped and mutated through special poisons and elixirs to take on the characteristics of a giant spider, the drider is a dangerous creature.
Driders are sexually dimorphic. A female drider’s lower spider body is sleek and graceful, often similar to a black widow’s body, while its upper drow torso retains its alluring curves and beautiful face (with the exception of sharp, poisonous fangs). A male drider’s lower body is bulky like a tarantula, while its upper body is wiry and bears a hideous face more spider than drow, complete with fanged mandibles.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Flexible (+2 Con, +2 Wis) (2 RP)
- Advanced Constitution (+2) (4 RP)
- Advanced Dexterity (+2) (4 RP)
- Advanced Strength (+2) (4 RP)
- Type: Aberration (3 RP)
- Size: Large (7 RP)
- Base Speed: Normal (0 RP); +10 ft. due to extra legs (see below)
- Languages: Standard (0 RP)
- Greater Spell Resistance (3 RP) Driders gain spell resistance equal to 11 + their character level.
- Natural Armor: Driders have a tough exoskeleton, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.
- Hard to Trip: Due to drider’s 8 legs, they gain a racial bonus vs. trip attempts (see Quadruped below.)
- Climb Driders have a natural climb speed (2 RP) They have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks.
- Darkvision: Driders have darkvision and so can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Quadruped Driders have 8 legs. (4 RP) They gain a +12 racial bonus to CMD against trip attempts and a +10 foot bonus to their base speed. In addition, driders may use weapons and armor as if the weapons and armor were Medium-sized (instead of Large).
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Race Guide © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Hal MacLean, Jason Nelson, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, and Russ Taylor.