Monkey goblins are an offshoot of the goblin race adapted for life in high leafy canopies of tropical forests. Equipped with ratlike prehensile tails, monkey goblins are as at home in the trees as they are on the ground.
Monkey goblins lead a savage lifestyle, and many take levels in the barbarian class, though warriors and fighters are also common among the race. While spellcasting classes are almost unheard of among them, monkey goblin shamans in the service of demon lords or other dark gods are given a respect by other monkey goblins that borders on fear.
Monkey goblins are defined by their class levels–they do not have racial Hit Dice. All monkey goblins have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Monkey goblins are fast, but foolishly impulsive and disagreeable. As a result monkey goblins gain a +4 bonus to Dexterity, but suffer a –2 penalty to Wisdom and Charisma.
- Size: Monkey goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC and attack rolls, but suffer a –1 penalty to their CMD and on combat maneuver checks, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Speed (Slow Speed): Monkey goblins have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Natural Climber: Monkey goblins have a climb speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Monkey goblins begin play speaking Goblin. Monkey goblins with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnoll, Gnome, Halfling, Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
- Fearless: Monkey goblins gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Monkey goblins can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Other Racial Traits
- Prehensile Tail: Monkey goblins have long, flexible tails that they can use to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but the tails do allow them to retrieve small objects stowed on their persons as a swift action.