Kuru are red-eyed humanoids often with disturbing tribal tattoos covering their faces. Their jagged teeth appear to have been filed down to points.
While most kuru live in small tribal villages in or around ruins, some choose to abandon their cultic faith and seek adventure beyond the islands from which they hail, though such individuals are extremely rare.
Kuru are defined by their class levels (they don’t possess racial Hit Dice) and have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Kuru are abnormally fast and hardy, but bloodlust clouds their thinking. Kura gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, and –2 Intelligence.
- Languages: Kuru begin play speaking Kuru. Kuru with high Intelligence scores can choose bonus languages from the following: Abyssal, Common, Polyglot, Undercommon. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Offense Racial Traits
- Bite Attack: Kuru possess a natural bite attack that deals 1d6 points of damage.
- Blood Courage (Ex) Once per day when a kuru makes a saving throw against a fear effect, he can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. He must decide to use this ability before the saving throw is attempted.
- Cannibalistic Vitality (Ex) When a kuru hits a living creature with its bite attack, he gains 1 temporary hit point by ingesting the target’s blood. This ability does not work on creatures that do not have blood.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Kuru can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Weakness Racial Traits
- Light Sensitivity: Kuru are especially sensitive to bright light (kuru have light sensitivity).
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Isles of the Shackles © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Author: Mike Shel.