The galemren embody free spirit and righteous anger. They are a nomadic people, fierce and proud, roaming within various habitats across the world. The gifted among them can harness the power of animals, and all are adept at tracking, herding, and other such outdoor activities.
Their true lasting gift from their mother is a unique form of magic. When an elder inscribes arcane runic tattoos into a galemren’s skin, a magic is instilled that has been known to offer luck, power, and an indomitable will, all used for battle, life, and love. Galemrenare typically inscribed with tattoos that represent their significant journeys through life: their birth, first herd, first kill, and first love.
The natural environment determines the look of the people, but regardless of skin tone, galemrenwear skin hides, bone and wood jewelry, and colorful feathers. Painting and sculpting are common forms of communication through art and fashion and also show the hierarchy within each tribe.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Modifiers: Galemren are gifted with great agility and might, but are somewhat abrasive. They gain +2 Str and Dex, but suffer -2 Cha
- Size: Galemren are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Galemren have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Galemren can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Elven Immunities: Galemren are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
- Keen Senses: Galemren receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Children of Powisienne: Galemren select two skills from the following list: Handle Animal, Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (nature), Stealth, and Survival. Galemren receive a +2 racial bonus on checks with the chosen skills.
- Weapon Familiarity: Galemren are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, longspears, rapiers, shortbows (including composite shortbows), shortspears, spears, and throwing axes, and they treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Galemren begin play speaking Common and Elven. Galemren with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Niobe © 2019, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Sebastian A. Jones, Darrell May, Joshua Cozine, and Luis Loza.