Sahuagin are well known and feared among aquatic races. These piscine predators are cruel and vicious, and they see all other creatures as either competitors or prey. The sole exception is the shark—sahuagin are rarely found without semidomesticated sharks nearby, as they feel a close bond with these other predators of the sea and both creatures are used to hunting ruthlessly alongside each other.
Although sahuagin usually gather together in tight-knit tribes, an individual sahuagin might decide to pursue glory on her own, perhaps seeking a powerful artifact or a richer hunting ground.
Racial Traits (22 RP)
Player character sahuagin have the following racial traits.
- Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: While sahuagin are powerful and cunning, they are repulsive creatures.
- Size: Sahuagin are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Sahuagin are monstrous humanoids with the aquatic subtype.
- Languages: Sahuagin begin play speaking Aquan and Common. Sahuagin with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aboleth, Abyssal, Aklo, Draconic, Giant, Goblin, and Infernal.
Movement & Movement Abilities
- Normal Speed: Sahuagin have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Fast Swimmer (5 RP): Sahuagin have a swim speed of 60 feet.
- Blindsense: Sahuagin have blindsense with a range of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Sahuagin have darkvision with a range of 60 feet.
- Natural Armor: Sahuagin have a +3 natural armor bonus.
- Bite: Sahuagin have a natural bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage. This bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the creature is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Claws: Sahuagin have two claw attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. These are primary natural attacks.
- Blood Frenzy: Once per day, whenever a sahuagin takes damage, it can fly into a frenzy for 1 minute; gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength but a –2 penalty to AC.
- Light Blindness: Sahuagin have the light blindness trait.
- Speak with Sharks (1 RP): Sahuagin can communicate telepathically with sharks to a distance of 100 feet. This communication is limited to simple concepts, such as “attack,” “come,” and “defend.”
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Sahuagin Song: Sahuagin with this racial trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Perform (sing) checks and a +1 racial bonus on saves against language-dependent effects. This replaces speak with sharks. Source PPC:HftF
- Stoic Defender: Once per day when a sahuagin with this racial trait takes damage, he can focus on remaining steadfast. For 1 minute, the sahuagin gains a +2 racial bonus to AC and a +2 racial bonus on Will saves. This replaces blood frenzy. Source PPC:HftF
Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Sea © 2017, Paizo Inc.; Author: Amber E. Scott.