|15 years||+1d4 years
(16 – 19 years)
(16 – 21 years)
(17 – 27 years)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3 ft. 9 in.||+2d6 in.
(3 ft. 11 in. – 4 ft. 9 in.)
|235 lbs.||+(2d6×7 lbs.)
(249 – 319 lbs.)
|Female||3 ft. 9 in.||+2d6 in.
(3 ft. 11 in. – 4 ft. 9 in.)
|240 lbs.||+(2d6×7 lbs.)
(254 – 324 lbs.)
Some say had the intelligent goats called cloven come first it would have been them who ascended to power. They first encountered the empire in its infancy, making them available in any era. They see ponykind as distant relatives, and so are most friendly with them of the various species. They do not possess brands of destiny. Few cloven dare to travel outside their own or ponykind cities.
Physical Description: They are the same size as ponies, but all sport horns and beards, as well as their cloven hooves. Females have smaller horns and beards, and even the youngest cloven display nubs of horns. Their eyes have distinctive horizontal pupils instead of round ones. Though they lack a Brand of Destiny, tribal dyes, tattoos, and stylized shavings are commonplace. Some fashions or faiths call for shearing their horns, but most cloven are never found without them. Unlike ponies, cloven tend to come in more sedate colors of black, white, brown, or grey.
Society: The cloven are a meritocracy: breeding takes a second seat to ability and achievement. Hence, returning adventurers with discoveries to share and exploits to recount are treated with admiration and respect.The ruling caste of cloven are those whose accomplishments the community most respects. Cloven who wish to become leaders may sound like braggarts to foreign ears, as they extol the virtues of their deeds, but that is the cloven way.
Relations: Cloven have been and remain neutral in most dealings with the outside world. They prefer to keep to themselves, but have been known to make contact with other races. They are most friendly with ponykind, their cousins by hooves, and welcome the interaction should one decide to venture into a cloven town. Few cloven outside of the Order(see below) venture far from one of the cities, though the young are prone to wanderlust.
Alignment: The industrious, performance-driven cloven run a smooth, orderly, and therefore lawful society. Everyone is expected to follow the laws precisely because that’s what is expected of them. Cloven frown upon those that buck the system, and typically heap public humiliation on these unfortunates. However, the rare cloven that demonstrates its methods are a genuine improvement on the status quo can actually change the law.
Adventurers: The industrious, performance-driven cloven run a smooth, orderly, and therefore lawful society. Everyone is expected to follow the laws precisely because that’s what is expected of them. Cloven frown upon those that buck the system, and typically heap public humiliation on these unfortunates. However, the rare cloven that demonstrates its methods are a genuine improvement on the status quo can actually change the law.
- Ability Score Modifiers: +2 to any one ability score.
- Size: Cloven are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Cloven are Fey with the cloven subtype.
- Fast Speed: Cloven have a base speed of 40 feet, and a bipedal speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Cloven begin play speaking Common. Cloven with high intelligence may select from Sylvan, Elven, Terran, or Gnomish as bonus languages. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Quadruped: Due to being four-legged, cloven receive +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense against trip attacks and +50% carrying capacity
- Fingerless: See fingerless rules
Defense Racial Traits
- Mountain Footed: Immune to altitude sickness and keeps Dex bonus to AC while making Climb or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.
- Cloven Resilience: Cloven get a bonus against poison equal to their hit dice.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Cloven Watchfulness: Cloven gain a +2 racial bonus on Appraise , and a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste.
Senses Racial Traits
- Low-Light Vision: Cloven see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Offense Racial Traits
- Horned: Cloven get a natural gore attack that deals 1d4 damage.
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Alchemist: Add +1/4 alchemical bonus to the alchemist’s intelligence when using mutagen.
- Barbarian: Add a +1/2 bonus to trap sense.
- Bard: Reduce arcane spell failure chance for casting bard spells when wearing medium armor by +1%. Once the total reaches 10%, the bard also receives Medium Armor Proficiency, if they do not already possess it.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.
- Ranger: Add +1 hit point to the ranger’s animal companion. If the ranger ever replaces his companion, the new companion gains these bonus hit points.
- Rogue: Add a +1/2 bonus on Bluff checks to Feint and Diplomacy checks to gather information.
The following racial archetypes are available to cloven:
The following feats are available to a cloven character who meets the prerequisites.
- Eat Anything
- Impressive Rack
- Mountain Jumper
Ponyfinder: Campaign Setting © 2013, Silver Games, LLC; Authors: David Silver, Stephen Ritterbush.