High goblins are not a unique race. They are a breed of goblins that typically lead goblin tribes. The purest brood for the breed are the leaders of goblin tribes, but most goblins have within them a trace of this slightly more powerful lineage.
Physical Description: High goblins appear the same as other goblins but typically are the leaders of goblin tribes. These veracious eaters win the respect of goblins by noticing food more often and being the last to retreat from danger.
Society: High goblins do not have a unique society. Instead they lead goblin tribes. They set the course and the superstitions of the tribe. High goblins that live in human cities tend to find a home among thieves guilds or other types of criminal underworld elements.
Relations: Goblins are the only race that give high goblins any respect. Other goblinoid races view high goblins as the best lackeys available. High goblins receive little respect. Humans and humanoid races assume high goblins are going to steal something or try to kill someone. When given a chance to prove themselves to creatures of medium size, high goblins tend to be loyal companions and friends. Well-meaning and good-natured high goblins tend to be more accepted in human society (if only marginally) but are outcasts among goblinoids.
Alignment: Most high goblins are of some sort of evil alignment. Lawful evil goblins tend to be living among humans while chaotic evil and neutral evil goblins tend to lead tribes. When befriended by someone of a good alignment, high goblins emulate their new friend shifting their alignment towards good, overtime.
- -2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: High goblins are fast and perceptive, but weak and unpleasant to be around.
- Small: High goblins are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Fast: High goblins are fast for their size, and have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Fearless: High goblins receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear.
- Darkvision: High goblins can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Hide and Seek: +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: High Goblins are proficient with dogslicers and morningstars.
- Languages: Goblins begin play speaking Goblin. Goblins with high Intelligence scores can choose any of these bonus languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnoll, Gnome, Halfling, Orc.
Player Races: High Goblins. Copyright 2010, Jon Brazer Enterprises.