Casting Time 1 round
Components V, S, M (incense worth 1,000 gp), F (a bejeweled holy symbol of your patron deity worth 2,500 gp)
Duration 10 minutes/level
By holding aloft a holy symbol and calling your deity’s name, you take on an aspect of that divinity. When you cast this spell, choose a domain offered by your deity. You gain that domain’s benefits from the list below, along with the listed physical changes; abilities that allow a saving throw use this spell’s DC. At any point during the duration of this spell, you can change which domain benefit you gain by concentrating for 1 round—this provokes attacks of opportunity and reduces the remaining duration of the spell by 10 minutes. If you have less than 10 minutes of the spell’s duration remaining, you cannot change the selected domain in this way. If you change your domain, all ongoing effects from your previously chosen domain end.
You must worship a single divinity in order to cast this spell, even if you do not normally cast divine spells. If you perform an action that blatantly violates your deity’s precepts while under this spell’s effects, invoke deity immediately ends and you are stunned for a number of rounds equal to your Hit Dice.
Invoke deity has the same alignment descriptors ([chaotic], [evil], [good], or [lawful]) as your deity’s alignment. If an ability duplicates a spell, it functions as that spell heightened to a level equal to your invoke deity spell.
- Air: You become wispy and translucent. You gain a fly speed of 60 feet with perfect maneuverability, or you increase your current fly speed by 30 feet—whichever results in a faster speed. While flying, you gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC.
- Animal: Your form becomes bestial with animalistic features. You gain low-light vision, scent, a +6 natural armor bonus, and a bite attack that deals damage as normal for a creature of your size. If you already have a bite attack, the damage increases as if you increased one size category. You can use speak with animals at will.
- Artifice: Parts of your body are replaced by pistons and gears. You can be affected by spells that specifically affect constructs (such as make whole). You are immune to bleed, disease, and poison effects, and you gain a +4 bonus on saving throws against death effects, mind-affecting effects, and necromancy effects.
- Chaos: Your flesh churns and swirls chaotically. You are immune to additional damage from critical hits and precision damage (such as sneak attack damage), and weapons you wield count as chaotic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Charm: You become overwhelmingly attractive and persuasive. You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma.
- Community: Your voice echoes with the sound of multitudes. Select a number of creatures within 30 feet equal to your level divided by three—you gain the effects of status and telepathic bond with those creatures.
- Darkness: Your eyes become solid black orbs. You become immune to blindness and can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.
- Death: Your flesh becomes pallid. You are healed by both positive and negative energy, are immune to energy drain and death effects, and automatically stabilize when reduced below 0 hit points.
- Destruction: The air around you crackles. You gain a +2 bonus on damage rolls with two-handed melee weapons. Spells you cast that cause hit point damage have their save DCs (if any) increased by 1. You gain a +4 bonus on Strength checks to break objects, and you ignore the first 5 points of hardness any object has when you attack it with a melee weapon.
- Earth: Your flesh becomes stony. You gain DR 10/bludgeoning and are immune to petrification effects.
- Evil: Your appearance becomes corrupted and fiendish. You automatically confirm critical hits, and weapons you wield count as evil for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Fire: Your hair ignites into flames. You are immune to fire. As a standard action once per minute, you can fire a ray of flame, as per scorching ray (limit one ray).
- Glory: Your countenance becomes stern and implacable, and your wrath devastates the undead. You gain the benefits of heroism and protection from evil, and your first successful attack each round against an undead target deals an additional 1d6 points of positive energy damage.
- Good: Your appearance becomes pristine and angelic. You are immune to fear and compulsion effects, and weapons you wield count as good for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Healing: Your appearance becomes hale and hearty. You gain fast healing 3, and your spells and class features that restore hit points each restore an additional 1d8 hit points.
- Knowledge: You are surrounded by the sound of numerous turning pages. You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Intelligence.
- Law: A haze of mathematical symbols hovers around you. You are immune to hostile transmutation effects and all confusion effects, and weapons you wield count as lawful for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Liberation: Your form becomes lithe and flexible. You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity.
- Luck: The faint sound of tinkling bells plays around you. You gain a +1 luck bonus to your Armor Class and on attack rolls, ability checks, saving throws, and skill checks. As an immediate action, you can force a single creature within 10 feet to reroll a single d20 it just rolled—you must use this ability before the results of the d20 roll are known. Each time you use this ability, the remaining duration of invoke deity decreases by 10 minutes, and you can’t use this ability if you have less than 10 minutes remaining of the spell’s duration.
- Madness: Your voice takes on an eerie, grating quality. As a standard action, you can inflict madness on a creature within 30 feet; that creature must succeed at a Will save or become confused for 1d4 rounds. You cannot target a creature more than once a minute with this effect.
- Magic: You shimmer with magical power. You gain spell resistance equal to 11 + your caster level against hostile spells.
- Nobility: Your voice becomes resonant and imperious. As a move action, you can issue one order to a single creature within 30 feet. This effect functions as if you had cast the spell command.
- Plant: Your appearance becomes plantlike, with leafy hair and green skin. You become immune to paralysis, poison, polymorph effects, sleep effects, and stunning.
- Protection: An aura of protective energy surrounds you. Select three of the following spells: delay poison, false life, mage armor, protection from chaos, protection from evil, protection from good, protection from law, resist energy, shield, or shield of faith; you gain the protective benefits of those spells.
- Repose: Your eyes become pure, bleak white. You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Wisdom.
- Rune: Your skin is marked with runic tattoos. Your presence does not trigger the effects of glyphs of warding, symbol spells, and similar effects unless you choose to, and you are immune to their harmful effects. You can use read magic at will and can resolve the effects of scrolls using your own caster level rather than the scroll’s caster level.
- Scalykind: Your flesh becomes squamous, and your mouth grows venomous fangs. You gain a bite attack that deals damage as normal for a creature of your size; if you already have a bite attack, the damage increases as if you had increased one size category. Each creature you bite must succeed at a Fortitude save or become sickened for 1d4 rounds (or if already sickened, staggered for 1 round); this is a poison effect.
- Strength: Your body visibly ripples with muscle. You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength.
- Sun: Your form blazes with solar light. You are immune to blindness, the dazzled condition, and all effects generated by powerful light (such as searing light, sunray, or the blinding light of a shining child), and you radiate light as the daylight spell. Creatures that are harmed or hindered by sunlight take a –2 penalty on attack rolls against you, and you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against effects originating from such creatures.
- Travel: Faint afterimages trail behind you when you move. You gain a +6 enhancement bonus to Constitution.
- Trickery: Your appearance changes as you desire (as veil, except affecting only yourself). Changing your appearance is a swift action. You gain a +4 bonus on Bluff, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth checks.
- Void: Your clothes and hair seem to float about you, as if you were adrift in a weightless environment. You are immune to cold damage and no longer need to breathe. You can exist comfortably in the depths of outer space.
- War: You are surrounded by the sounds of battle. You gain a +2 insight bonus on attack rolls with your deity’s favored weapon and deal an additional 1d6 points of damage with your deity’s favored weapon each time you hit a foe. You can use your deity’s favored weapon as a divine focus or holy symbol.
- Water: You gain gills, webbed fingers, and other ichthyic features. You gain a swim speed of 40 feet, can breathe water, and ignore the usual penalties on weapon attack and damage rolls from fighting underwater.
- Weather: Your hair and clothing are constantly wind-tossed, and you crackle with electricity. You do not take penalties or damage or suffer from reduced visibility or other effects due to natural weather. You are immune to electricity damage, and your call lightning and call lightning storm spells and effects always function as though called outdoors in stormy weather.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Planar Adventures © 2018, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Robert Brookes, John Compton, Paris Crenshaw, Eleanor Ferron, Thurston Hillman, James Jacobs, Isabelle Lee, Lyz Liddell, Ron Lundeen, Joe Pasini, Lacy Pellazar, Jessica Price, Mark Seifter, F. Wesley Schneider, Todd Stewart, James L. Sutter, and Linda Zayas-Palmer.