Shadow piercings are magical pieces of jewelry, formed partially of shadowstuff. Some shadow piercings are more than just single pieces of jewelry—instead they are created in sets that form specific designs across an expanse of the wearer’s skin.
Price varies: Minor 1,800 gp; Major 2,400 gp; Greater 3,200 gp; Slot body; CL 3rd; Weight —; Aura faint transmutation
These piercings come in the form of grotesque spikes and needles that cover every inch of the wearer’s skin.
- Minor: The wearer gains a +2 competence bonus to CMD against grappling attempts.
- Major: Any creature attacking the wearer with a natural or unarmed attack must succeed at a DC 15 Reflex save or take 1d4 points of damage.
- Greater: The wearer is considered to have +1 armor spikes when not wearing armor or bulky clothing, and is considered proficient with armor spikes.
Price varies: Minor 2,200 gp; Major 3,750 gp; Greater 5,750 gp; Slot body; CL 3rd; Weight —; Aura faint transmutation
These excruciating body ornaments come in the form of sharp barbs and serrated rings inserted in the nipples, abdomen, or along the ribs. The pain they cause sharpens the mind and blocks out distractions.
- Minor: The wearer gains a +2 profane bonus on saves against effects that cause the dazed, nauseated, and sickened conditions.
- Major: The wearer gains a +5 competence bonus on concentration checks.
- Greater: The wearer gains a +4 profane bonus on saving throws against effects that deal ability damage or drain.
Price varies: Minor 6,000 gp; Major 18,000 gp; Greater 32,000 gp; Slot eye; CL 5th; Weight —; Aura faint transmutation
These piercings may penetrate the eyebrow, eyelid, or the eye itself. Due to magical, they do not impair the owner’s vision. All effects from an eye piercing are continuous.
- Minor: The wearer gains low-light vision. If the wearer already has low-light vision, the ability’s range is doubled.
- Major: The wearer gains darkvision to 60 feet.
- Greater: The wearer gains the see in darkness special ability.
Price varies: Minor 3,750 gp; Major 6,000 gp; Greater 33,600 gp; Slot head; CL 5th; Weight —; Aura faint transmutation
Whether they are crowns of pins, pinned-back lips, or simple nose rings, these piercings accentuate the owner’s terrifying presence and inner resolve.
- Minor: The wearer gains a +5 competence bonus on Intimidate checks.
- Major: The wearer gains a +4 profane bonus against mind-affecting effects.
- Greater: The wearer can use fear twice per day (Will DC 16).
These piercings are popular among fetishists who hang themselves from hooks attached to their skin.
- Minor: The wearer gains feather fall as a continuous effect.
- Major: The wearer may use levitate twice per day.
- Greater: The wearer may use air walk once per day.
Section 15: Copyright Notice
Pathfinder Player Companion: Champions of Corruption © 2014, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Paris Crenshaw, Jim Groves, Sean McGowen, and Philip Minchin.