Price 15,600 gp; Slot shoulders; CL 5th; Weight 8 lbs.; Aura faint transmutation
These lustrous animal pelts are particularly treasured among barbarians. While any humanoid creature can don and use such pelts, their powers are vastly enhanced for skinwalkers. All pelts of the beast grant the following powers:
- A bite attack that deals damage appropriate to the wearer’s size. If the wearer already has a bite attack, the critical threat range of this attack doubles. This does not stack with other magical effects that increase the threat range of a natural weapon.
- Speak with animals 1/day. If the wearer can already use speak with animals as a spell-like ability, she may do so at will.
- The wearer may take the form of the animal from which the pelt came three times per day as if using beast shape I.
In addition, if the wearer is a skinwalker, her change shape ability is enhanced so that she may gain an additional bestial feature when taking her bestial form, selectable from the skinwalker heritage tied to the animal from which the pelt came. For instance, a werewolf-kin wearing a bear pelt of the beast could use her change shape ability to gain a climb speed from the pelt’s bestial features (identical to the set listed for werebear-kin) in addition to darkvision from her set of werewolf-kin bestial features. Feats or abilities that affect how many bestial features the skinwalker may gain at a single time stack with this ability.
Each pelt also grants a competence bonus on a check, based on its type. These bonuses increase by 50% for skinwalkers wearing a pelt that matches their lycanthropic heritage.
- Bat: +4 bonus on Perception checks in darkness
- Bear: +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks to grapple
- Boar: +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks to bull rush
- Crocodile: +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks to sunder
- Rat: +2 bonus on saving throws against disease
- Shark: +2 bonus on Perception and Swim checks attempted while completely underwater
- Tiger: +2 bonus on Stealth checks
- Wolf: +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks to trip Other pelts of the beast may be available at the GM’s discretion.
Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Moon © 2013, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Tim Akers, Neal Litherland, David N. Ross, and Tork Shaw.