Aura moderate transmutation; CL 11th; Weight —; Slot none; Price 6,600 gp
This shining, jewel-like scale is usually worn on the forehead between the eyebrows, though a creature can affix the scale to any part of her body by pressing it to her skin and speaking its command word. Once affixed, the scale causes the creature to take on the attributes of a particular type of naga, chosen when the scale was created. Her skin becomes scaly, her eyes slitted and reptilian, her tongue forked, and her neck lengthens and distends until it resembles a cobra’s hood. The creature gains a +4 bonus to her natural armor, darkvision 60 feet, and a poisonous bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage (1d3 for a Small creature)
Each scale also grants its wearer access to a special ability, as follows:
- Dark naga: The wearer gains a +8 bonus on saves made to resist any form of mind reading and a +2 bonus against charm effects. Poison effect: sleep for 1 round.
- Guardian naga: The wearer can spit venom up to 30 feet as a standard action. This is a ranged touch attack with no range increment. Opponents hit by this attack must make saves to avoid the poison’s effect. Poison effect: 1d2 Con damage.
- Spirit naga: Once per minute, the wearer can attempt to charm a single creature within 30 feet, as the spell charm person (Will DC 19 negates). Poison effect: 1d4 Con damage.
- Lunar naga: Once per day, the wearer can spend a standard action to fascinate all creatures within 30 feet, as per the spell hypnotism (Will DC 19 negates). Poison effect: 1d3 Con and 1 Wis.
- Royal naga: Once per day, the wearer can attempt to blind or deafen a single creature within 30 feet, as the spell blindness/deafness (Will DC 19 negates). Poison effect: 1d6 bleed.
- Water naga: The wearer gains a swim speed equal to its base land speed, and can breathe water or air. Poison effect: 1 Con.
The bindi’s effects last for 11 minutes, or until the creature spends a standard action to return to her normal form. The bindi can be used twice before it loses its luster and becomes non-magical.
Craft Wondrous Item, monstrous physique IV; Cost 3,300 gp
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment (OGL) © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Benjamin Bruck, Ross Byers, Brian J. Cortijo, Ryan Costello, Mike Ferguson, Matt Goetz, Jim Groves, Tracy Hurley, Matt James, Jonathan H. Keith, Michael Kenway, Hal MacLean, Jason Nelson, Tork Shaw, Owen KC Stephens, Russ Taylor, and numerous RPG Superstar contributors