Price 1,000 gp; Slot none; CL 3rd; Weight 5 lbs.; Aura faint transmutation
This small star is made of a brittle metal alloy and attaches easily to armor or a gauntlet.
Each of the star’s points is keyed to a specific god and can serve as a holy symbol for that god. As a standard action, the wearer can break off one of the star’s points to activate an effect unique to that point. Once a point has been broken off, it can’t be activated again and can no longer be used as a holy symbol for the deity to which it is keyed.
When broken off, each of the godstar’s points provide effects as follows.
- The point emanates truth-telling magic in a 5-foot radius, as per zone of truth, for 10 minutes. Any creature that succeeds at a DC 13 Will save ignores this effect.
- The wearer gains fire resistance 5 and her weapon attacks gain the flaming weapon special ability for 1 minute.
- If the wearer is under the effects of a fear effect, she can attempt a new saving throw against it with a +4 sacred bonus. The wearer can use this ability even if a fear effect would normally prevent her from doing so.
- The wearer can attempt a Knowledge check to identify a creature, even if she is untrained in the relevant Knowledge skill. She gains a +8 bonus on this check.
- The point transforms into a +1 warhammer when wielded by the owner of the godstar until it leaves her possession or after 1 minute. The wielder is considered proficient with this weapon for the duration of this effect, after which the weapon becomes a non-magical masterwork warhammer.
Pathfinder Player Companion: Disciple’s Doctrine © 2018, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Saif Ansari, Mara Lynn Butler, Jeffrey Hersh, Andrew Hoskins, Lyz Liddell, Luis Loza, and Linda Zayas-Palmer.