Note Some rare items are infused by the mighty deeds of their former owners, and an adventurer lucky enough to recover such items could unlock their hidden potential should their own exploits prove worthy. The following items work much like scaling items, save that each has a unique reward ability unlocked by attaining a goal related to the item’s original owner. These items represent famous possessions of specific historical individuals, so unlike typical magic items, they cannot be crafted, though they can still be destroyed normally.
Slot none; CL 17th; Weight 1 lb.; Aura strong transmutation
In addition to its ability to cast light, as a typical wayfinder, the wayfinder of cooperation can be attuned to an ioun stone as a standard action by touching the stone to the wayfinder’s sturdy rosewood casing. Once the wayfinder of cooperation is attuned, the bearer of the wayfinder of cooperation can concentrate as a standard action to sense the direction of and distance to the attuned ioun stone. This bond functions across any distance, as long as the bearer and the stone are on the same plane. The wayfinder can be attuned to only one ioun stone at a time, and the bearer can dismiss the attunement at any time as a free action.
- 6th Level: The bearer increases the bonus she grants from the aid another action by 1. This does not stack with the benefits of other feats or class features that improve the bonus she grants to an ally with aid another.
- 8th Level: Once per day as a standard action, the bearer can use inspire competence as if she were a bard with a level equal to her character level. The bonuses granted by this ability last until the ally completes the task he is attempting.
- 11th Level: The bearer is constantly aware of the position and condition (as status) of anyone who has activated an ioun stone attuned to the wayfinder of cooperation.
- 13th Level: The bearer can use shadow walk once per day as a spell-like ability.
- 16th Level: Once per day, the bearer of an ioun stone attuned to the wayfinder of cooperation can summon the wayfinder’s bearer to her side as if she were activating an appropriately keyed charm from a bracelet of friends.
Goal: The bearer must successfully use the aid another action to increase an attack roll, a skill check, or a saving throw of at least 10 allies. To count toward this goal, the bearer’s assistance must have made the difference between success and failure on the roll.
Reward: The wayfinder of cooperation can be simultaneously attuned to a number of additional ioun stones equal to half the bearer’s character level, rather than a single ioun stone.
Pathfinder Player Companion: Chronicle of Legends © 2019, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Calder CaDavid, Vanessa Hoskins, Mike Kimmel, Isabelle Lee, Matt Morris, Mikhail Rekun, and Michael Sayre.