Slot shield; CL 10th; Weight 10 lbs.; Aura moderate abjuration
This shield is made from a thick glass that is as sturdy as steel. The shield functions as a +1 heavy steel shield.
As an immediate action, the wielder of the unyielding aegis can raise the shield to intercept an attack targeting her or an ally within reach. The shield reduces the damage from the attack by 5, as if the target had DR 5/—. This does not damage the shield in any way.
- 3rd Level: The wielder gains a +2 bonus to Reflex saves.
- 7th Level: The unyielding aegis acts as a +2 animated heavy steel shield. The wielder can still activate the shield’s intercepting ability, even while it is animated.
- 11th Level: The unyielding aegis reduces damage from attacks by 10, as if the target had DR 10/—. In addition, the wielder’s bonus to Reflex saves increases to +4.
- 15th Level: The unyielding aegis acts as a +3 animated reflecting heavy steel shield.
- 19th Level: The unyielding aegis reduces damage from attacks by 15, as if the target had DR 15/—.
Goal: The wielder must prevent a total of 1,000 points of damage with the unyielding aegis.
Reward: The wielder can animate the unyielding aegis as if it had the animated special property for up to 1 minute at a time. While animated in this way, the wielder can command the shield to defend a creature within 30 feet as a swift action. The shield flies to that creature immediately, granting that creature the benefits of the shield as if it were wielding the shield. The original wielder of the shield can still spend her immediate action to use the shield to intercept attacks while the shield is defending a different creature.
Pathfinder Player Companion: Chronicle of Legends © 2019, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Calder CaDavid, Vanessa Hoskins, Mike Kimmel, Isabelle Lee, Matt Morris, Mikhail Rekun, and Michael Sayre.