Slot headband; CL 18th; Weight —; Aura strong transmutation
This small, circular geode is about the size of a gold piece and broken open on one side to reveal azure and amaranthine layers of crystal. These strata scintillate with a faint glow.
The earth’s eye is a small geode that resembles a crystalline eye that sparkles brilliantly. When the earth’s eye is worn on a headband and positioned in the center of the forehead, it creates a mental bond between the wearer and all natural, unworked stone within 200 feet. By concentrating, the wearer can alter this stone in the following ways. These changes are permanent but are too gradual to damage most creatures and objects.
- Calcific Alterations: The wearer pulls mineral-rich moisture through the stone to create stalactites, stalagmites, and similar rock formations. These formations are the same type of stone as the surrounding area, and they appear to be seamless, natural growths. This change requires 1 full round of concentration for each 5-foot square affected.
- Create Habitat: The wearer draws forth a natural spring or pool of clear water, causes edible molds or fungi to sprout, or opens narrow vents that bring in fresh air from elsewhere. This change requires 1 full round of concentration for each 5-foot square affected.
- Crystalline Forms: The wearer transforms stone into translucent crystal. Sighted creatures can see through up to 30 feet of translucent crystal; thicker crystal is too cloudy to see through. The wearer can also transform non-magical crystal into ordinary stone. This change requires 1 minute of concentration for each 5-foot square affected.
- Reduce Stone: The wearer can remove stone entirely, but the resulting open space appears natural. Anything previously supported by stone that was removed entirely—such as a cavern ceiling—collapses. This change requires 1 minute of concentration for each 5-foot square affected.
- Stone Tell: The wearer can cause a 5-foot-square area of stone to ripple slightly, displaying momentary images of creatures and objects that have touched, used, or passed by the stone. This functions as stone tell but works only on natural stone. This requires 10 minutes of concentration.
The earth’s eye does not function when in natural sunlight.
A mortal wearer must use the earth’s eye to entomb herself entirely within stone, with no open space within 200 feet other than the space the wearer occupies. The wearer must then cast flesh to stone on herself to merge with the surrounding earth, destroying herself and the earth’s eye.
Pathfinder Adventure Path #120: Vault of the Onyx Citadel © 2017, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Larry Wilhelm, with Paris Crenshaw, Crystal Frasier, Tim Hitchcock, Kalervo Oikarinen, and Greg A. Vaughan.