This mithral cap includes prominent guards for the eyes and nose. The helmet was forged under duress by a dwarven smith to further the ambitions of his mad brother. The Tarnhelm has the following powers.
- The wearer gains the shapechanger subtype.
- The wearer gains immunity to polymorph effects, except ones he chooses to allow to affect him.
- At will, the wearer can use greater invisibility as a spell-like ability for as long a duration as desired.
- At will, the wearer can change his appearance in the same fashion as a hat of disguise, with a DC 25 Will save required to disbelieve the illusion. If the Tarnhelm is used to create a disguise, the wearer receives a +25 bonus on the Disguise check.
- Three times per day, the wearer can use greater teleport, exactly as if he had cast the spell of the same name. The wearer can teleport additional times by expending one use of mythic power per teleport.
- Three times per day, the wearer can assume the form of an animal as though he had cast beast shape IV, except the duration lasts until the effect is dismissed or dispelled. The wearer can change shape additional times by expending one use of mythic power per transformation.
- By expending two uses of mythic power, the wearer can assume the form of Gargantuan chromatic or metallic dragon. The effect lasts until dispelled or dismissed. He gains a +14 size bonus to Strength, a +12 size bonus to Constitution, a +10 natural armor bonus, a fly speed of 150 feet (poor), blindsense 90 feet, darkvision 180 feet, a breath weapon, DR 15/magic, frightful presence (DC 23), one bite (4d6), two claws (2d8), two wing attacks (2d6), and one tail slap (2d8). All his breath weapons deal 16d8 points of damage and allow a Reflex save (DC 10 plus his tier plus his Constitution modifier) for half damage. This ability otherwise functions as form of the dragon III.
The Tarnhelm can be destroyed by being struck by a succession by hammer blows from a dwarven smith wielding an adamantine hammer, a human smith with a steel hammer, and an elven smith using a hammer of spun glass. Each must succeed at a DC 30 Craft (armor) check when landing the blow. Failure destroys the hammer, disrupts the attempt to destroy the Tarnhelm, and deals 12d6 points of damage to the smith.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Mythic Adventures © 2013, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Jason Bulmahn, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Sean K Reynolds, Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Ben Bruck, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Tracy Hurley, Jonathan Keith, Jason Nelson, Tom Phillips, Ryan Macklin, F. Wesley Schneider, Amber Scott, Tork Shaw, Russ Taylor, and Ray Vallese.