Aura strong evocation; CL 20th; Slot headband; Price —; Weight —
The Nimbus of Radiant Truth exists only when good has need of a great champion. Such a champion can attain it only though a perilous quest that tests mettle and righteousness.
Rather than being a physical object, the Nimbus of Radiant Truth manifests as a glowing halo of light around the wearer’s head. It’s ordinarily as bright as continual flame, but in battle it brightens to the dazzling brilliance of daylight. Its radiance is treated as resulting from a 9th-level spell for purposes of interaction with other sources of light and darkness. The radiance of the nimbus can be suppressed or resumed as a standard action.
The Nimbus of Radiant Truth grants a +6 enhancement bonus to Wisdom and Charisma. Treat this as a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the nimbus is worn. Its wearer can’t deliberately utter a lie, though the nimbus doesn’t prevent other forms of deception, evasiveness, and giving incomplete answers within the boundaries of the truth. All of the wearer’s natural weapons and any weapons she wields overcome damage reduction as though they were good-aligned. In addition, the Nimbus of Radiant Truth has the following powers.
- The wearer can bring forth a zone of truth (DC 20) with a 40-foot radius at will. By expending one use of mythic power, the DC increases to 30.
- As an immediate action, the wearer can expend one use of mythic power to gain the benefits of freedom’s call (as the Liberation domain power) or nimbus of light (as the Sun domain power) for 2 minutes. For purposes of this power, the wearer has a cleric level equal to her character level. Either power can be dismissed as a free action, but any unused duration is lost.
- Seven times per day, the wearer can cure moderate wounds as a cleric with a caster level equal to her character level. The wearer adds her mythic tier to the hit points healed.
- Three times per day, the wearer can unleash a holy aura (DC 25) or an empowered holy smite (DC 22).
- Once per day, the wearer can unleash a blast of righteous power. Treat this as sunburst (DC 27) centered on the wearer, except that it has no effect on good-aligned creatures and inflicts double damage to evil-aligned creatures. After this power is used, the nimbus fades to a barely visible glow for 1 hour, and the wearer loses access to all of its powers save its enhancement bonuses. She remains unable to lie.
- Once per week, the wearer can expend one use of mythic power to perform a resurrection.
The wearer of the Nimbus of Radiant Truth can remove it as though it were a physical item, and place it either on the head of another creature or on an inanimate object. When placed on an inanimate object, the Nimbus of Radiant Truth can be picked up. When placed on a living creature, it can’t be removed except by the wearer’s conscious choice.
When donned by a creature of evil alignment, the nimbus blasts the creature for 20d6 points of damage, then teleports 1d10×10 miles away in a random direction. However, if the wearer becomes evil some time after donning it, the nimbus retains its powers and doesn’t damage the wearer. The nimbus cannot be deceived by any mortal means of masking alignment (including mythic abilities).
The Nimbus of Radiant Truth can be destroyed by placing it on the head of a person who was once completely good and innocent, but is now corrupted into the vilest depths of evil and depravity.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Mythic Adventures © 2013, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Jason Bulmahn, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Sean K Reynolds, Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Ben Bruck, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Tracy Hurley, Jonathan Keith, Jason Nelson, Tom Phillips, Ryan Macklin, F. Wesley Schneider, Amber Scott, Tork Shaw, Russ Taylor, and Ray Vallese.