This reptilian humanoid has green scales, a short and toothy snout, and a thick alligator-like tail.
Society: Lizardfolk are proud and powerful reptilian predators that make their communal homes in scattered villages deep within swamps and marshes. Uninterested in colonization of the dry lands and content with the simple weapons and rituals that have served them well for millennia, lizardfolk are viewed by many other races as backwater savages, but within their isolated communities lizardfolk are actually a vibrant people filled with tradition and an oral history stretching back to before humans walked upright.
Appearance: Most lizardfolk stand 6 to 7 feet tall and weigh 200 to 250 pounds, their powerful muscles covered in scales of gray, green, or brown. Some breeds have short dorsal spikes or brightly colored frills, and all swim well by moving with flicks of their powerful 4-foot-long tails.
While completely at home in the water, they breathe air and return to their clustered mound-dwellings to breed and sleep.
Alignment: Lizardfolk tend toward neutral, exhibiting a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. As such they think of good as better than evil-after all, and would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones.
- Ability Score Modifiers: Lizardfolk are durable and hardy, but uncivilized. They gain +2 Constitution but suffer to –2 Intelligence.
- Size: Lizardfolk are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Lizardfolk are humanoids with the reptilian subtype
- Speed: Lizardfolk have a base speed of 30 feet on land. They also have a swim speed of 15 feet, can move in water without making Swim checks, always treat Swim as a class skill, and gain a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks.
- Languages: Lizardfolk begin play speaking Common and Draconic. Lizardfolk with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aquan, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Gnoll, and Orc. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Hit Die: d8.
Starting Wealth: 3d6 × 10 gp (average 105 gp.) In addition, each character begins play with an outfit worth 10 gp or less.
Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special|
|1st||+0||+2||+0||+0||+2 Str, +3 natural armor, bite 1d4, hold breath|
|2nd||+1||+3||+0||+0||+2 natural armor, claws 1d4|
All the following are class features of the lizardfolk racial class.
As a lizardfolk gains levels, its ability scores increase as noted on Table: Lizardfolk Monster Class.
These increases stack and are gained as if through level advancement.
Monster Classes, © 2016, Dreamscarred Press