The invoker uses her familiar to summon facets of her mysterious patron directly into her body, enhancing her skills and granting her powerful abilities. Whether these spiritual enhancements come from a single entity or a host of spiritual forces associated with the witch’s patron can vary, and in many cases, a particular invoker never learns the truth of this matter.
At 1st level, an invoker can invite spirits associated with her patron’s themes into her body and mind as a swift action. This functions like a hunter’s animal focus, except she emulates facets of her patron, chosen from the list below. The invoker can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her level; this duration need not be consecutive, but it must be spent in 1-minute increments.
- Bondage: The invoker gains a +2 enhancement bonus to her Strength. This bonus increases to +4 at 8th level and +6 at 16th level.
- Bridge: The invoker treats other creatures as if their damage reduction and spell resistance were 2 lower. This increases to 5 lower at 8th level and 10 lower at 16th level.
- Crisis: The invoker gains a +2 enhancement bonus to her Constitution. This bonus increases to +4 at 8th level and +6 at 16th level.
- Curiosity: The DCs of the invoker’s hexes and patron spells increase by 1. These DCs increase by an additional 1 at 8th level and 16th level.
- Decisions: The invoker gains a +2 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. This bonus increases to +4 at 8th level and +6 at 16th level.
- Fortune: The invoker gains a +1 resistance bonus on saving throws. This bonus increases to +3 at 8th level and +5 at 16th level.
- Paradise: The invoker gains a +3 competence bonus on Acrobatics checks and concentration checks. This bonus increases to +6 at 8th level and +9 at 16th level.
- Rapture: The invoker can increase the duration of any spell she casts on herself by 1 round. This applies only to spells with a duration other than instantaneous. This increases to 2 rounds at 8th level and 3 rounds at 16th level.
- Reckoning: The invoker adds an insight bonus on damage rolls from attacks made with spells and natural attacks, gaining 1 point of damage per die rolled. At 8th level, the invoker gains a +4 bonus to confirm critical hits threatened with spells and natural attacks. At 16th level, the critical threat range of the invoker’s spells and natural attacks doubles, as if from Improved Critical.
- Revelation: The invoker gains a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls made with weapons. This bonus increases to +2 at 8th level and +3 at 16th level.
At 10th level, whenever an invoker uses her invoke patron ability, she selects two different facets of her patron for herself instead of one.
Otherwise, this functions like a hunter’s second animal focus ability.
This ability replaces the witch’s 10th-level hex.
Pathfinder Player Companion: Haunted Heroes Handbook © 2016, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Alexander Augunas, Thurston Hillman, Isabelle Lee, Stephen Rowe, and Christopher Wasko.