Human Witch 20 CR 20
Speed 60 ft., fly 120 ft.
Melee +2 wounding kukri +21/+21/+16 (1d4+4/15–20 plus 1 bleed), +1 shocking burst kukri +20/+15 (1d4+2/15–20 plus 1d6 electricity)
Special Attacks hexes (agony, blight, evil eye, death curse, flight, forced reincarnation, healing, major healing, misfortune, retribution, slumber)
Spells Prepared (CL 20th; concentration +26)
9th—maximized cone of cold (DC 22), mass hold monster (DC 25), power word kill, wail of the banshee (DC 25)
8th—quickened cure serious wounds, fire storm (DC 24), horrid wilting (DC 24), power word stun
7th—chain lightning (×2, DC 23), heal, power word blind
6th—flesh to stone (DC 22), greater heroism (already cast), maximized lightning bolt (×2, DC 19), slay living (DC 22)
5th—baleful polymorph (DC 21), maximized cure moderate wounds, feeblemind (DC 21), flame strike (DC 21), waves of fatigue
4th—black tentacles, dimension door, ice storm, maximized shocking grasp, wall of ice (DC 20)
3rd—bestow curse (DC 19), dispel magic (×2), lightning bolt (×2, DC 19)
2nd—blindness/deafness (DC 18), cure moderate wounds (×2), death knell (DC 18), false life (already cast), spectral hand (already cast)
1st—charm person (DC 17), grease (DC 17), inflict light wounds (DC 17), obscuring mist, ray of enfeeblement (DC 17), unseen servant
0th—bleed (DC 16), detect magic, light, touch of fatigue (DC 16)
Before Combat She casts false life on herself each day. In preparation for the arrival of the PCs in the cenotaph, she uses her flight hex, drinks her potion of barkskin, uses her stone salve, and activates her boots of speed. She casts greater heroism, spectral hand, and see invisibility from her hand of glory. She then casts grease directly in front of the clock portal and readies an action to release 3 charges from her ring of the ram at the doughtiest fighter. These effects are included in her stat block.
During Combat She uses her flight hex to stay airborne away from the PCs. She casts spells that can affect multiple foes, such as mass hold monster, wail of the banshee, chain lightning, or black tentacles. She targets a spellcaster with feeblemind or her agony hex, and uses her death curse, forced reincarnation, and retribution hexes on anyone who closes to fight in melee. She uses her spectral hand to deliver vampiric touches from her wand.
Morale She defends the cenotaph and its contents to the death.
Str 14, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 22, Wis 18, Cha 14
Base Atk +10; CMB +20; CMD 34
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Alertness, Combat Casting, Improved Critical (kukri), Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Martial Weapon Proficiency (kukri), Maximize Spell, Quicken Spell, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (kukri)
Skills Craft (alchemy) +33, Fly +32, Intimidate +29, Knowledge (arcana) +28, Knowledge (history) +28, Knowledge (nature) +28, Knowledge (planes) +28, Perception +32, Sense Motive +10, Spellcraft +33, Use Magic Device +29
Languages Aklo, Common, Draconic, Giant, Infernal, Skald, +1 additional
SQ enhanced NPC, witch’s familiar (raven)
Combat Gear potion of barkskin (CL 12th), ring of the ram (35 charges), stone salve, wand of vampiric touch (CL 20th, 21 charges); Other Gear +2 wounding kukri, +1 shocking burst kukri, belt of physical perfection +4, boots of speed, hand of glory, headband of mental prowess +4 (Intelligence and Wisdom), dusty rose prism ioun stone, major ring of cold resistance, ring of protection +5, black robe of the archmagi
Without her spells, she has the following statistics:
AC 26, touch 21, flat-footed 21; hp 150; Fort +13, Ref +15, Will +20; Speed 30 ft.; Melee +2 wounding kukri +16/+11 (1d4+4/15–20 plus 1 bleed), +1 shocking burst kukri +15/+10 (1d4+2/15–20 plus 1d6 electricity); CMB +15; CMD 33
Her stats are built using a 20-point buy, and she has twice as much gear as is normal for an NPC of her level. These advantages increase her total CR by +1.
- Agony (Su): Can affect one creature within 60 feet, causing it to be nauseated (Fort DC 26 negates) for 20 rounds. A new save is allowed each round. A creature can only be affected once per day.
- Blight (Su): Cause the following curse against an Animal or Plant creature with 1 round of contact.
- Evil Eye (Su): Cause a foe within 30 feet to take a –4 penalty on one of the following (her choice) for 9 rounds: AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, or skill checks. A DC 26 Will save reduces the duration to 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect.
- Death Curse (Su): Cause a creature within 30 feet to become fatigued on the first round and exhausted on the second round. On the third round, the creature must make a DC 26 Fortitude save or die. A DC 26 Will save on the first round negates the entire effect. Creatures that fail the first save but succeed at the second remain exhausted and take 4d6+20 points of damage. Killing her ends the hex, but any fatigue or exhaustion remains. A creature can only be affected once per day.
- Flight (Su): Feather fall at will, +4 racial bonus on Swim checks, levitate 1/day, and fly 20 minutes/day in 1-minute increments. Forced Reincarnation (Su): Cause a creature within 30 feet to die and be immediately reincarnated into a new body (Will DC 26 negates). A creature can only be affected once per day.
- Healing (Su): Cure moderate wounds (CL 20th) once per creature per day.
- Major Healing (Su): Cure critical wounds (CL 20th) once per creature per day.
- Misfortune (Su): Cause a creature within 30 feet to roll twice and take the worst result on any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check for 3 rounds (Will DC 26 negates). A creature can only be affected once per day.
- Retribution (Su): Cause a creature within 60 feet to take damage when it attacks for 6 rounds (Will DC 26 negates). Whenever that creature deals damage in melee, it immediately takes half that damage (round down). This damage bypasses any resistances, immunities, or damage reduction.
- Slumber (Su): Cause a creature of any HD within 30 feet to fall asleep, as the sleep spell (Will DC 26 negates). The hex ends immediately if the creature takes damage. A creature can only be affected once per day.
- Witch’s Familiar (Ex) A witch forms a close bond with a familiar, a creature that teaches her magic and helps to guide her along her path. Instead of a spellbook, she must commune with her familiar each day to prepare her spells. A witch’s familiar otherwise functions like the wizard’s arcane bond class feature.
Her familiar is a raven.
A witch forms a close bond with a familiar, a creature that teaches her magic and helps to guide her along her path. Instead of a spellbook, she must commune with her familiar each day to prepare her spells. A witch’s familiar otherwise functions like the wizard’s arcane bond class feature.
Pathfinder Module: The Witchwar Legacy . © 2010, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Author: Greg A. Vaughan.