This creature resembles a barnacled centipede made of vegetable matter crawling on a writhing carpet of hair-like cilia.
Assassin Ring Symbiont CR 2
Speed 20 ft.
Ranged 2 thorns +7 (1d2–3 plus poison)
Space 1 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks thorns
Str 4, Dex 13, Con 14, Int —, Wis 12, Cha 9
Base Atk +2; CMB –1; CMD 6
SQ bond, host abilities, mind link, symbiont healing
The assassin ring symbiont fires a less potent poison up to 30 ft. It has one of the following poisons. The poison must be the same as the one it produces as its host ability.
- Blindness–injury; save Fort 13, frequency 1/round for 6 rounds, effect blindness, cure 1 save
- Nauseous–injury, save Fort DC 13, frequency 1/round for 6 rounds, effect nauseated, cure 1 save
- Pain-wracked–injury, save Fort DC 13, frequency 1/round for 4 rounds, effect staggered, cure 1 save
- Paralysis–injury, save Fort DC 13, frequency 1/round for 3 rounds, effect paralyzed, cure 1 save
Assassin Thorn (Ex)
The assassin ring symbionts are bred to produce one of the below poison effects via a strong chemical located in the symbiont’s thorns. The thorns can be fired at a single target up to 30 ft. away or used as part of a natural attack that involves the hands. The symbiont produces enough thorns to be used once per day. Once an assassin ring symbiont is created to produce a specific kind of poison, the choice cannot be changed.
- Blindness–injury; save Fort DC 13, frequency 1/min. for 4 min., effect blindness, cure 1 save
- Nauseous–injury, save Fort DC 13, frequency 1/min for 4 min., effect nauseated, cure 1 save
- Pain-wracked–injury, save Fort DC 13, frequency 1/round for 6 rounds, effect staggered, cure 1 save
- Paralysis–injury, save Fort DC 13, frequency 1/round for 4 rounds, effect paralyzed, cure 1 save
Slot ring; Price 6,000 gp
Feats Create Plant Symbiont; Cost 3,000 gp
When bonded, an assassin ring symbiont attaches via its roots to the underside of the host’s fingers. Dozens of vines sprout from a short stem to encase the finger, each with large, wickedly sharp thorns. Each of the thorns is filled with whatever poison the symbiont was designed to create.
Though able to wrap itself around a host’s finger, when detached the assassin ring is nearly 1 foot long. An assassin ring symbiont has no melee attack and instead keeps its distance and fires its thorns. It avoids areas of extreme heat and cold, as the heat interferes with its ability to produce poison and the cold causes the symbiont to become sluggish.
Alien Codex © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer: Jason Nelson. Authors: Anthony Adam, Kate Baker, John Bennet, Eytan Bernstein, Robert Brookes, Russ Brown, Duan Byrd, Paris Crenshaw, Jeff Dahl, Robyn Fields, Joel Flank, Matt Goodall, Robert J. Grady, Jim Groves, Steven T. Helt, Thurston Hillman, Tim Hitchcock, Nick Hite, Daniel Hunt, Mike Kimmel Marshall, Isabelle Lee, Jeff Lee, Lyz Liddell, Jason Nelson, Richard Pett, Tom Phillips, Jeff Provine, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Wendall Roy, Mike Shel, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Russ Taylor, Rachel Ventura, Mike Welham, George Loki Williams, Scott Young.