This lanky man sneers as he draws his sword. Tiny horns and a barbed tail reveal that he is something more than human.
Tiefling (CR 1/2)
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +3 (1d6+1/19–20)
Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d8/19–20)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 14
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +6, Bluff +4, Disable Device +6, Escape Artist +6, Intimidate +2, Perception +5, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +6, Stealth +8; Racial Modifiers +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth
Languages Abyssal, Common, Infernal
SQ fiendish sorcery, trapfinding
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma: Tieflings are quick in body and mind, but are inherently strange.
- Darkvision: Tieflings see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Skilled: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Stealth checks.
- Spell-Like Ability: Tieflings can use darkness once per day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for this ability equals the tiefling’s class level.
- Fiendish Resistance: Tieflings have cold resistance 5, electricity resistance 5, and fire resistance 5.
- Fiendish Sorcery: Tiefling sorcerers with the Abyssal or Infernal bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer class abilities.
- Languages: Tieflings begin play speaking Common and either Abyssal or Infernal. Tieflings with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Abyssal, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Infernal, and Orc.
Environment any land
Organization solitary, pair, or gang (3–5)
Treasure NPC gear (studded leather armor, short sword, light crossbow with 20 bolts)
Tieflings are humans with demonic, devilish, or other evil outsider blood in their ancestry. Often persecuted for their strange appearance and unnatural mannerisms, most tieflings disguise their nature or are forced to live on the fringes or underbelly of civilized society. Though they are not born evil, it is an easy path for them to find, especially as most suffer at the hands of “normal” folks while growing up. Tieflings look mostly human except for some physical traits that reveal their strange heritage.