A roaring cyclone at least twice as tall as a human bears down on you, spinning dirt and earth into the air as it moves.
Wind Walker CR 5
Speed 40 ft., fly 60 ft. (perfect)
Melee wind blast +10 (2d6+6)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 10th)
Constant—detect thoughts (100 ft.)
A wind walker attacks by using the surrounding air to pummel its foes.
Str 18, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 11
Base Atk +7; CMB +12; CMD 26
Feats Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Toughness
Skills Bluff +6, Diplomacy +10, Fly +20, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (planes) +11, Perception +11, Sense Motive +8, Stealth +10
Languages Auran, Common; telepathy 100 ft.
For every wind walker present within 100 feet, the range of this spell-like ability increases by 100 feet.
A wind walker is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance (except those that summon or call it). In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature as noted below.
- A control weather spell instantly slays a wind walker if it fails a Fortitude save against the spell.
- A haste spell deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d6) to a wind walker. A Fortitude save halves the damage. In addition, a haste spell increases the damage the wind walker deals with its wind blast attack by +1d6 for one round.
- An ice storm spell deals no damage to a wind walker, but is affected as if by a fear spell if it fails a Will saving throw against ice storm.
- A slow spell deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 10d6) to a wind walker. A Will save halves the damage.
- A summoned or called wind walker is affected normally by magical barriers that restrict or inhibit called or summoned creatures (such as antimagic field).
A wind walker attacks using the air surrounding it, transforming it into a forceful blast that deals 2d6+6 points of damage to all creatures within reach. The wind walker makes a single attack roll at its full attack bonus against each opponent within reach as a standard action.
Wind walkers are creatures from the Plane of Air. They are often summoned to the material plane by clerics or wizards who employ them as guards. On occasion, a wind walker is encountered in the service of a cloud giant, djinn, efreet, storm giant, or other such creature.
A wind walker’s natural form is that of a roaring and whistling column of wind about 12 feet tall. No discernable features can be seen in the wind walker.
Wind Walker from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Gary Gygax.