Home >Bestiary >(Bestiary) By Type >Outsiders >Ei’risai (3pp) >

Ei’risai, Ancestor (3pp)

The enormous abomination before you is humanoid in only the loosest sense of the word. It appears as a conglomeration of various creatures, stuck on a broad-shouldered, powerful frame. Its eyes are wild and angry as the abomination glares balefully at the world around.

Ei’risai Ancestor CR 13

XP 25,600
CN Large outsider ( chaotic, extraplanar)
Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception + 22

DEFENSE

AC 26, touch 13, flat-footed 22 (+4 Dex, +13 natural, –1 size)
hp 172 (15d10+90); fast healing 5
Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +11
DR 10/lawful, Immune one energy type (random; see Table: Energy Immunity); Resist all other energy types 5

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee bite +20 (2d8+6/19-20 plus pandemoniac corruption), 2 secondary attacks +18 (1d6+3/19-20 plus pandemoniac corruption)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks pandemoniac corruption, summon ei’risai
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 15th)
At will—animate objects, blindness/deafness (DC 16), detect law, detect magic, dispel law (DC 19), fireball (DC 17; special note: the element created by this spell may not be fire; the ball is actually composed of the form of energy to which the specific ei’risai is immune), identify, magic circle against law, polymorph (self only), true seeing
3/day—cloak of chaos (DC 22), prismatic spray
(DC 21), teleport, word of chaos (DC 21)
1/day—power word kill, prismatic wall

Tactics Like most of their brethren, ancestor ei’risai revel in melee, and prefer to engage foes up close.They are fully willing to make use of their special abilities in the most efficient manner possible, however, and often soften up foes from a great distance before closing. They retreat and regroup as needed; they are perfectly willing to flee from a superior foe, but they hold grudges.

STATISTICS

Str 23, Dex 19, Con 21, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 18
Base Atk +15; CMB +22; CMD 36
Feats Combat Reflexes, Improved Critical (bite), Improved Critical (secondary attack), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Multiattack, Power Attack, Toughness
Skills Acrobatics +22, Climb +24, Escape Artist +22, Intimidate +22, Knowledge (arcana) +19, Knowledge (the planes) +22, Perception +22, Stealth +18
Languages Ei’risai, Common, telepathy 100 ft.

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Pandemoniac Corruption (Ex)

The Pandemoniac corruption of an ancestor ei’risai can be resisted with a DC 24 Fortitude save. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus.

Summon Ei’risai (Sp)

Twice per day an ancestor ei’risai can attempt to summon 1–2 lesser or medial ei’risai with a 60% chance of success, or 1–2 greater ei’risai with a 40% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 6th-level spell.

ECOLOGY

Environment planes of chaos
Organization solitary, pair, cluster (3–5), mob (6–10)
Treasure standard

Ancestor ei’risai, the oldest and most powerful members of the race yet discovered, represent the worst elements of chaos. They have evolved past the personal schemes with which they experimented as master ei’risai, and are once again devoted to discord, destruction, and procreation. Their behavior resembles that of medial and greater ei’risai,more than it does masters, but they retain their intelligence, cunning, and mystical acumen. An ancestor ei’risai allows nothing to stand in the way of what it wants, and all it wants is violence and terror.

Section 15: Copyright Notice

The Iconic Bestiary: Classics of Fantasy Copyright 2005, Lions Den Press; Author Ari Marmell