This large, hulking humanoid is covered in white, shaggy fur. Its hands end in filthy and razor-sharp claws. The creature’s head is large and sports a large round mouth filled with fangs.
Yeti CR 4
Speed 40 ft.
Melee 2 claws +7 (1d6+4 plus grab)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks cold, frightful gaze, squeeze (2d6+6 plus 1d6 cold)
A yeti attacks with its claws, attempting to grab an opponent and squeeze it against its frigid body.
Str 19, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 9, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +4; CMB +9 (+13 grapple); CMD 20
Feats Great Fortitude, Power Attack
Skills Perception +12, Stealth +4 (+16 in snow), Survival +8; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +12 to Stealth in snow
A yeti’s body generates intense cold, dealing 1d6 points of damage to those that contact it for at least 1 round.
Creatures within 30 feet that meet the eyes of a yeti must succeed on a DC 12 Will save or stand paralyzed in fear (treat as a hold person spell) for 3 rounds. The save DC is Charisma-based. An affected creature does not receive a saving throw each round to break the effects. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the frightful gaze of that yeti for one day.
A yeti that makes a successful grapple check against a Medium or smaller opponent pulls the opponent against its body and squeezes it with both arms, dealing 2d6+6 points of damage and d6 points of cold damage each round.
Environment cold hills and mountains
Organization solitary or gang (2-4)
Yetis make their lairs in remote mountains and hills. They are fierce predators with ravenous appetites, dining on mountain goats, sheep, polar bears, and humanoids. They are particularly fond of human and elf flesh.
The typical yeti stands 9 feet tall and weighs 600 or more pounds.
- Ability Scores: +8 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom. Yetis are fierce and brutal combatants.
- Size: Large. Yetis are Large creatures and as such suffer a -1 size penalty to their AC and attack rolls, and a -4 size penalty on Stealth checks they make, but gain a +1 bonus to their CMB and CMD.
- Speed: Fast. Yetis have a base speed of 40 feet.
- Senses: Darkvision 60 ft. Yetis can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A yeti begins with 4 levels of monstrous humanoid, which provides 4d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4
- Racial Skills: A yeti’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 4 x (4 + Int modifier). Yetis have a +4 racial bonus on Perception checks, and a +12 racial bonus on Stealth checks made in snow.
- Racial Feats: A yeti’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
- AC: +4 natural armor bonus
- Special Attacks: cold, frightful gaze, squeeze (see above).
- Languages: Yetis begin play speaking Giant. Yetis with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Common, Elf, Orc.
Yeti from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Gary Gygax.