Dressed in black robes, this creature has black scales covering its entire body. Its head is serpentine and its arms end in snake-like hands resembling black mambas.
Night Adder Inphidian CR 5
Str 12, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 14
Base Atk +6; CMB +7; CMB 19
Feats Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
Skills Craft (alchemy) +10, Knowledge (nature) +7, Knowledge (any one) +7, Perception +15, Stealth +15 (+19 in shadow); Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +4 Stealth (+8 in areas of shadow)
Languages Aklo, Common, Inphidian
Night Adder Inphidian Characters
- +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma.
- Racial Hit Dice: A night adder inphidian begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: A night adder inphidian’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 6 x (4 + Int modifier). It has a +4 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth checks, and an additional +4 to Stealth checks when in areas of shadow.
- Racial Feats: A night adder inphidian’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Special Attacks: Poison and spell-like abilities.
See Inphidians for more details on playable inphidians.
Environment warm forests and plains or underground
Organization solitary or troupe (1 night adder plus 2 cobra- backs and 1d6 common inphidians)
Night adders are nocturnal inphidians who often serve as assassin-priests, monks or sorcerers in an inphidian nest. They act as advisors, counselors, and magistrates to the rulers and leaders while simultaneously serving as healers, lorekeepers, and sages to the common inphidian populace.
A night adder, much alike all inphidians, is a snake-like humanoid whose hands have been replaced with the head of a snake; in the case of a night adder, its snake-hands resemble a black mamba. Its body is black and its eyes are a pale rose. A night adder stands 6-1/2 feet tall and weighs 190 pounds.
Night adders attack with their multiple bites seeking to inflict as many venomous bites on a single foe as possible before moving on to the next target. Night adder clerics and sorcerers use area and ranged attack spells, then power up with defensive and offensive personal effect magic before entering melee.
Night Added Inphidian from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene.