This creature appears as a short, baboon-like creature with grayish-brown fur.
Banderlog CR 2
Speed 40 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+2) or club +5 (1d6+2)
Ranged coconut +6 (1d4+2)
Special Attacks coconut throwing
Str 15, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +3; CMB +5; CMD 17
Feats Alertness, Weapon Focus (coconut)
Skills Climb +10, Perception +9, Sense Motive +3, Stealth +8, Survival +7
Languages Banderlog, Common
A banderlog can hurl a coconut up to 10 feet (range increment 10 feet, maximum range 50 feet).
- +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, –2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma: Banderlogs are strong and hardy tree dwellers, but also shy and retiring
- Base Speed: A banderlog’s base land speed is 40 feet. Its base climb speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Banderlogs can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A banderlog begins with three levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 3d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +3, and base saves of Fort +1, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: A banderlog’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 3 x (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1)
- Racial Feats: A banderlog’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
- AC: Banderlogs have +2 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Banderlogs can fight with a bite (1d6).
- Special Attacks: Coconut throwing (see above).
- Languages: Banderlogs begin plays speaking Banderlog. Banderlogs with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following bonus languages: Common, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan.
Environment warm forests
Organization gang (2–5) or pack (6–24 plus 1–2 6 HD leaders)
The banderlog is a somewhat intelligent baboon-like primate that makes its home in warm forests and jungles. Though it appears as a larger version of the common baboon, it does not keep company with or associate with normal baboons. Banderlogs’ intelligence allows them to form small tribal communities for protection and companionship. The leader of such a community is usually the largest and strongest banderlog of the tribe. It is not uncommon to find more than one tribe in the same area. Banderlogs generally coexist quite well with other banderlog tribes, though if food becomes scarce, they attempt to drive off all other tribes in the area.
Banderlogs sustain themselves on a diet of fruits and nuts, with coconuts being their favorite food. Though omnivorous, they rarely eat meat of any sort. The typical banderlog stands just over 4-feet tall and weighs about 100 pounds. Banderlogs are non-aggressive unless they are threatened. They prefer to attack opponents from a distance using small rocks or coconuts to hit their foes. Should they be engaged in melee, they attack using a vicious bite.
Banderlog from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene, based on original material by Gary Gygax.