This humanoid has dark hair and eyes. Its skin is sapphire colored, and its hair is long. A long beard dominates its countenance. It is dressed in leather armor and furs.
Stormwarden CR 1
Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +3 (1d8+1)
Ranged longbow +2 (1d8)
Special Attacks conjure storm
Stormwardens prefer to avoid combat, but if provoked, they open combat using their longswords, attempting to slay their opponents before escaping to their lair.
Morale If melee goes against a stormwarden, it alters the weather and attempts to escape.
Str 12, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 10
Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 13
Feats Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Acrobatics +3, Knowledge (any one) +5, Perception +7, Survival +7
Languages Common, Draconic, Giant
Gear leather armor, longsword, longbow, 20 arrows
Once per day as a standard action, a stormwarden can create an effect similar to a control weather spell (caster level 10th), except that it affects an area in a 1,000-foot-radius circle, and the weather effects are immediate rather than gradual. The effects last for 1 minute before the weather in the area returns to normal.
Stormwardens favor nature-oriented classes, such as druid and ranger. They do not worship a single deity above all others, though they do tend to favor deities of storms and destruction. Though relatively few in number, stormwarden witches have a reputation of being some of the blackest and most vile practitioners of that art.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.
- Low-Light Vision: Stormwardens can see twice as far as humans in dim light.
- Racial Hit Dice: A stormwarden begins with three levels of humanoid, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +1, Ref +3, and Will +1.
- Racial Skills: A stormwarden’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 2 x (2 + Int modifier).
- Racial Feats: A stormwarden’s humanoid levels give it two feats, typically Improved Initiative and Skill Focus (Perception).
- AC: +1 natural armor bonus.
- Special Attacks: Conjure storm (see left).
- Languages: Stormwardens begin play speaking Common, and can select bonus languages from the following: Aklo, Auran, Draconic, Elven, Giant, and Sylvan.
Environment temperate mountains
Organization solitary, pair, or gang (3-6)
Stormwardens dwell high in the mountains and hills away from civilization. They are hunters by nature and spend their time hunting and trapping game, though they never do so to an abundance, only enough to sustain themselves. They are isolationists and solitary, rarely found in groups of more than 6 individuals. Their hair color and eye color range across the spectrum just as a normal human, though most tend to have dark hair and eyes.
Stormwarden from the Tome of Horrors Complete, Copyright 2011, Necromancer Games, Inc., published and distributed by Frog God Games; Author Scott Greene.