Delicate antennae extend from the forehead of this lithe woman.
Lashunta CR 1/2
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
Str 8, Dex 13, Con 8, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB –1; CMD 10
Feats Scribe Scroll, Toughness
Skills Diplomacy +4, Handle Animal +4, Knowledge (arcana) +9, Perception +2, Spellcraft +7, Use Magic Device +4; Racial Modifiers +2 Knowledge (arcana)
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Lashunta; limited telepathy
SQ arcane bond (amulet)
Lashunta are defined by their class levels–they do not have racial Hit Dice. They have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Modifiers Lashunta are almost universally intelligent and eager to learn. As a result, lashunta gain a +2 bonus to Intelligence.
- Sexual Dimorphism: Male and female lashunta have very different body and personality types, more so than most humanoid species. Male lashunta are muscular (+2 Strength) and often brash and unobservant (–2 Wisdom). Female lashunta, though beautiful and commanding (+2 Charisma), lack the males’ rugged builds (–2 Constitution).
- Languages: Lashunta begin play speaking Lashunta and Elven. Lashunta with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except Druidic and other secret languages).
- Lashunta Magic (5 RP): A lashunta possessing an Intelligence score of 11 or higher gains the following spell-like abilities: At will–daze, mage hand; 1/day–detect thoughts. The caster level for these effects is equal to the lashunta’s class levels.
- Limited Telepathy (3 RP): A lashunta is able to mentally communicate with any creature within 30 feet with whom she shares a language. Otherwise this ability is identical to the telepathy ability.
Lashunta occupy steaming jungles. Though the women look like idealized elves or humans–save for the twitching antennae sprouting from their foreheads–their men are squat, hairy, and broad-shouldered, with a fierce and confrontational demeanor. Both genders excel at scholarship, and the race boasts a large number of telepaths and telekinetics, in addition to conventional magic-users. This ability to create mental or empathic bonds is particularly prevalent among female warriors, who form close connections with their saurian mounts.
Female lashunta are typically 6 feet tall and weigh 140 pounds. The males of the race are usually 5 feet tall and weigh 200 pounds.
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Bestiary © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Jim Groves, James Jacobs, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, F. Wesley Schneider, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor, and Greg A. Vaughan.