This creature has the wide head and toothy mouth of a goblin with dappled green skin, simian hands and feet, and a long, ratlike tail.
Monkey Goblin CR 1/2
Str 15, Dex 18, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 16
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency (net)
Skills Acrobatics +10, Climb +14, Perception +4, Stealth +11, Survival +4; Racial Modifiers +2 Acrobatics, +2 Stealth
SQ fast movement, prehensile tail
All monkey goblins have long, flexible tails that they can use to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but the tails do allow them to retrieve small objects stowed on their persons as a swift action.
Monkey goblins are defined by their class levels–they do not have racial Hit Dice. All monkey goblins have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Racial Traits Monkey goblins are fast, but foolishly impulsive and disagreeable. As a result monkey goblins gain a +4 bonus to Dexterity, but suffer a –2 penalty to Wisdom and Charisma.
- Size: Monkey goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC and attack rolls, but suffer a –1 penalty to their CMD and on combat maneuver checks, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Speed (Slow Speed): Monkey goblins have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Natural Climber: Monkey goblins have a climb speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Monkey goblins begin play speaking Goblin. Monkey goblins with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnoll, Gnome, Halfling, Orc.
- Fearless: Monkey goblins gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear.
- Low-Light Vision: Monkey goblins can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Prehensile Tail: Monkey goblins have long, flexible tails that they can use to carry objects. They cannot wield weapons with their tails, but the tails do allow them to retrieve small objects stowed on their persons as a swift action.
Environment tropical forests
Organization solitary, raiding party (4–9), warband (10–16), or tribe (17+ plus 100% noncombatants; 1 tribal hunter of 3rd level per 20 adults, 1 or 2 war chiefs of 4th or 5th level, and 1 chieftain of 6th–8th level)
Treasure NPC gear (leather armor, kukri, net, shortbow with 10 arrows, other treasure)
Monkey goblins are an offshoot of the goblin race adapted for life in the high leafy canopies of tropical forests. Equipped with ratlike prehensile tails, monkey goblins are as at home in the trees as they are on the ground. Monkey goblins lead a savage lifestyle, and many take levels in the barbarian class, though warriors and fighters are also common among the race. While spellcasting classes are almost unheard of among them, monkey goblin shamans in the service of demon lords or other dark gods are given a respect by other monkey goblins that borders on fear.
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Bestiary © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Jim Groves, James Jacobs, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, F. Wesley Schneider, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor, and Greg A. Vaughan.