This unnaturally graceful man moves without a sound, his gaze just as piercing as the needle-sharp blade he effortlessly wields.
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 13 (1d10+3)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will –1 (+2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects)
Defensive Abilities negative energy affinity, resist level drain
Weakness light sensitivity
Speed 30 ft.
Melee rapier +4 (1d6+1/18–20)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st)
Str 13, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 15
Feats Toughness, Weapon Finesse
Skills Bluff +5, Intimidate +7, Perception +1, Ride +5, Survival +3; Racial Modifiers +2 Bluff, +2 Perception
A dhampir takes no penalties from energy draining effects, though he can still be killed if he accrues more negative levels then he has Hit Dice. After 24 hours, any negative levels a dhampir takes are removed without the need for an additional saving throw.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Constitution: Dhampirs are fast and seductive, but closer to death than most mortals.
- Senses: Low-light vision and darkvision 60 feet.
- Manipulative: +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Perception.
- Undead Resistance: Dhampirs gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-affecting effects.
- Light Sensitivity: Dhampires are dazzled in areas of bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
- Negative Energy Affinity: Dhampires are alive, but are healed by negative energy and harmed by positive energy, as if they were an undead creature.
- Spell-Like Ability: A dhampir can use detect undead three times per day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for this ability equals the dhampir’s class level.
- Resist Level Drain: A dhampir takes no penalties from energy draining effects, though he can still be killed if he accrues more negative levels then he has Hit Dice. After 24 hours, any negative levels a dhampir takes are removed without the need for an additional saving throw.
- Languages: Dhampirs begin play speaking Common. Those with high Intelligence can choose any language as a bonus language (except druidic and other secret languages).
Environment any land
Organization solitary, pair, or court (3–8 and 1 vampire)
Treasure NPC gear (chain shirt, rapier, other treasure)
Cursed from birth, dhampirs result from the rare and unnatural union of vampires and humans. Although not driven to consume blood for survival as their undead progenitors are, dhampirs nonetheless know a lifelong desire for blood that nothing else can truly sate. Those who survive their early years face a life of fear and mistrust, their unnatural beauty and incredible reflexes marking them as scions of the night just as surely as their sensitivity to light. Although polluted by undeath, dhampirs do grow old and die, aging at a rate similar to elves.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2, © 2010, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors Wolfgang Baur, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Graeme Davis, Crystal Frasier, Joshua J. Frost, Tim Hitchcock, Brandon Hodge, James Jacobs, Steve Kenson, Hal MacLean, Martin Mason, Rob McCreary, Erik Mona, Jason Nelson, Patrick Renie, Sean K Reynolds, F. Wesley Schneider, Owen K.C. Stephens, James L. Sutter, Russ Taylor, and Greg A. Vaughan, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, and Skip Williams.