Display auditory, material, visual
Manifesting Time 1 standard action
You spread a wave of gaseous ectoplasm throughout an area, using it to conduct energy and thus project images and sound. You may use this ability to create any images, sounds, or thermal sensations that you wish within the area. Creatures that attempt to interact with these projections are allowed a will save to recognize that they are not real, but even upon recognizing their falsehood are not able to see through them. So long as you concentrate on this power, you may cause the figments created with this ability to move and change however you wish. These sensations cannot deal damage to creatures.
Augment: This power can be augmented in the following ways:
- If you spend 2 additional power points, you may choose to extend the duration of this power to concentration + 1 round/level, rather than concentration. You may program the actions of the projection however you wish, including having it respond to certain stimuli. If you spend 2 points on top of this, the duration becomes concentration + 1 minute/level, and 2 more on top of this changes it to 1 hour/level).
- If you spend 8 additional power points, you may choose to make the effects of this power permanent.
- If you spend 4 additional power points, you may use this power to override the sense of all creatures in the area. All creatures inside are treated as blind and deaf while inside the area of this effect. Making a will save to recognize that this is a figment does not negate the blindness, or deafness.
- If you spend 8 additional power points, you may use this ability to selectively override existing sensations and interpretations within the area of effect. You may cause certain objects, effects, or creatures to become invisible to while they are within the area of this power. You may also treat creatures inside the area as deafened and/or blinded so long as they stay inside the area. Making a will save to recognize that this is a figment does not negate the invisibility, blindness, or deafness.
- If you spend 2 additional power points, you may use this ability to modify sensations of smell, taste, and touch within the area.
- If you spend 2 additional power points, the area increases to 1 30-ft cube/level.
- If you spend 4 additional power points, you may cause the holograms to be able to harm creatures within the area that you wish harmed, dealing 2d6 force damage +1 point of force damage per manifester level (Fortitude half).
- For every 2 power points you spend augmenting this power (including as part of other augmentations), the save DC increases by 1.
Arcforge: Technology Expanded © 2018, Legendary Games; Authors: Matt Daley, Michael Sayre.