|15 years||+1d4 years
(16 – 19 years)
(16 – 21 years)
(17 – 27 years)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5 ft. 3 in.||+2d8 in.
(5 ft. 5 in. – 6 ft. 7 in.)
|85 lbs.||+(2d8×5 lbs.)
(95 – 165 lbs.)
|Female||5 ft. 1 in.||+2d8 in.
(5 ft. 3 in. – 6 ft. 5 in.)
|75 lbs.||+(2d8×5 lbs.)
(85 – 155 lbs.)
|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Standard (+2 Dex, –2 Wis, +2 Cha)||0|
|Skill Bonus||Escape Artist||2|
Vishkanyas are a race of exotic humanoids with poisonous blood. Possessed of an alien beauty, these graceful humanoids see the world through serpentine eyes of burnished gold. Their supple skin is covered with tiny scales, often of a light green, which are sometimes arrayed in patterns not unlike those of a serpent. They cannot be generalized as good or evil, but since they truly speak with forked tongues, they are content to accept the gold they’re offered and leave questions of morality to others.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Vishkanyas are graceful and elegant, but they are often irrational. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and –2 Wisdom.
- Type: Vishkanyas are humanoids with the vishkanya subtype.
- Size: Vishkanyas are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Vishkanyas have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Vishkanyas begin play speaking Common and Vishkanya. Vishkanyas with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan, and Undercommon. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Poison Resistance: A vishkanya has a racial bonus on saving throws against poison equal to its Hit Dice.
- Keen Senses: Vishkanyas receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Limber: Vishkanyas receive a +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist and Stealth checks.
- Low-Light Vision: Vishkanyas can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Poison Use: Vishkanyas are skilled in the use of poison and never accidentally poison themselves when using or applying poison.
- Toxic: A number of times per day equal to his Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a vishkanya can envenom a weapon that he wields with his toxic saliva or blood (using blood requires the vishkanya to be injured when he uses this ability). Applying venom in this way is a swift action. Vishkanya Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the vishkanya’s Hit Dice + the vishkanya’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save.
- Weapon Familiarity: Vishkanyas are always proficient with blowguns, kukri, and shuriken.
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Deceptive: Vishkanya clans that make their livings robbing or killing humans train to distract targets at critical moments. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Bluff checks. This racial trait replaces the racial bonus on Escape Artist checks. Source PZO9280
- Sensual: You are trained in drawing attention to yourself. You gain a +2 bonus on any one Perform skill. This racial trait replaces keen senses.
- Subtle Appearance: You have normal (human-like) eyes, and your beauty is more conventional. You gain a +4 bonus on Disguise checks to look fully human. This racial trait replaces low-light vision.
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Bard: Add +1 to the bard’s total number of bardic performance rounds per day.
- Rogue: Add +1 to the rogue’s CMD when resisting a grapple or reposition attempt.
- Sorcerer: Select one bloodline power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the sorcerer’s Charisma modifier. The sorcerer adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that bloodline power.
The following racial archetype is available to vishkanyas:
The following feats are available to a vishkanya character who meets the prerequisites.