|40 years||+4d6 years
(44 – 64 years)
(46 – 76 years)
(49 – 94 years)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3 ft. 0 in.||+2d4 in.
(3 ft 2 in. – 3 ft. 8 in.)
|35 lbs.||+(2d4 lbs.)
(37 – 43 lbs.)
|Female||2 ft. 10 in.||+2d4 in.
(3 ft. 0 in. – 3 ft. 6 in.)
|30 lbs.||+(2d4 lbs.)
(32 – 38 lbs.)
|Racial Traits||Race Point Cost|
|Ability Score Modifiers||Mixed weakness (–2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis, –4 Cha)||–2|
|Misc.||Defensive training, greater||3|
|Resistances||Spell resistance, greater||3|
|Skill Bonus||Craft [alchemy]||2|
|Senses||Darkvision 120 ft.||3|
In the dark below earth, svirfneblin protect their enclaves, keeping their small communities safe from the terrors of the lightless depths. Serious creatures with slate-gray skin, these gnomes vary greatly from their surface cousins by choosing to live in the shadowy depths and protect the world above from the foul creatures sharing their chambers, vaults, and tunnels.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Svirfneblin are fast and observant but relatively weak and emotionally distant. They gain –2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –4 Charisma.
- Type: Svirfneblin are humanoids with the gnome subtype.
- Size: Svirfneblin are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Speed: Svirfneblin have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Svirfneblin begin play speaking Gnome and Undercommon. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and Terran. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Defensive Training: Svirfneblin gain a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class.
- Fortunate: Svirfneblin gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Spell Resistance: Svirfneblin have spell resistance (SR) equal to 11 + their class levels.
- Skills: Svirfneblin gain a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks; this improves to a +4 bonus underground. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks and Perception checks.
- Stonecunning: Svirfneblin gain stonecunning (as dwarves.)
- Svirfneblin Magic: Svirfneblin add +1 to the DC of any illusion spells they cast. Svirfneblin also gain the following spell-like abilities: Constant—nondetection; 1/day—blindness/deafness (DC 12 + Charisma modifier), blur, disguise self; caster level equals the svirfneblin’s class levels.
- Hatred: Svirfneblin receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and dwarf subtypes due to training against these hated foes.
- Darkvision: Svirfneblin can see perfectly in the dark up to 120 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: In addition to their ability to see perfectly in the dark up to 60 ft, svirfneblin have low-light vision, allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Healthy: Svirfneblin gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases. This racial trait replaces fortunate.
- Stalwart Watcher: Some svirfneblin seek to thwart the schemes of evil fey. Those who still keep to this mission gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against fey creatures and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects. This racial trait replaces hatred and skilled. Source PCS:ISR
- Stoneseer: Svirfneblin add +1 to the caster level of any spells with the earth descriptor they cast. Svirfneblin also gain the following spell-like abilities: Constant—nondetection; 1/day—magic stone, stone shape, stone tell; caster level equals the svirfneblin’s class levels. This racial trait replaces Svirfneblin magic.
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Alchemist: Add one extract formula from the alchemist’s list to the alchemist’s formula book. This formula must be at least one level below the highest formula level the alchemist can create.
- Oracle: Add one spell known from the oracle spell list. This spell must be at least one level below the highest spell level the oracle can cast.
- Ranger: Add DR 1/magic to the ranger’s animal companion. Each additional time the ranger selects this benefit, the DR/magic increases +1/2 (maximum DR 10/magic). If the ranger ever replaces his animal companion, the new companion gains this DR.
The following racial archetype is available to svirfneblin:
The following feats are available to a svirfneblin character who meets the prerequisites.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Race Guide © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Hal MacLean, Jason Nelson, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, and Russ Taylor.