|12 years||+1d4 years
(13 – 16 years)
(13 – 18 years)
(14 – 24 years)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5 ft. 4 in.||+2d8 in.
(5 ft. 6 in. – 6 ft. 8 in.)
|125 lbs.||+(2d8×5 lbs.)
(135 – 205 lbs.)
|Female||5 ft. 2 in.||+2d8 in.
(5 ft. 4 in. – 6 ft. 6 in.)
|115 lbs.||+(2d8×5 lbs.)
(125 – 195 lbs.)
Human neighbors tell horrific tales of slaughter woven with frightened suspicion when speaking of strix. Strix, however, tell a tale of encroachment and a struggle for land and resources. For ages, humans invaded strix lands fighting bloody battles against the fierce, black-skinned creatures they thought to be winged devils. Over time, strix have developed a hatred for humankind and now fiercely protect their dwindling numbers.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Strix are swift and elusive, but tend to be stubborn and swift to anger. They gain +2 Dexterity, and -2 Charisma.
- Type: Strix are humanoids with the strix subtype.
- Size: Strix are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Strix have a base speed of 30 feet on land. They also have a fly speed of 60 feet (average).
- Languages: Strix begin play speaking Strix. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Auran, Common, Draconic, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Infernal. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Hatred: Strix receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures with the human subtype because of their special training against these hated foes.
- Darkvision: Strix see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: In addition to their ability to see perfectly in the dark up to 60 ft, Strix have low-light vision, allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Cautious Brawler: Because strix are careful to avoid injuring other strix even when they fight with each other, they develop a talent for fighting without causing lasting harm. They gain a +1 racial bonus on damage rolls when dealing nonlethal damage and take no attack penalty when dealing nonlethal damage with a lethal weapon. This racial trait replaces hatred and suspicious. Source PZO9280
- Dayguard: Familiar with watching over its tribe during the day, the strix gains a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks and treats Perception as a class skill. This racial trait replaces nocturnal.
- Frightening: The strix looks particularly menacing and use this to its advantage, gaining a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate checks. This racial trait replaces nocturnal.
- Nimble: The strix receives a +1 racial bonus on Reflex saves. This replaces the suspicious racial trait.
- Tough: The strix receives a +1 racial bonus on Fortitude saves. This racial trait replaces suspicious.
- Wing-Clipped: The flight of wing-clipped strix is weaker than normal, whether from deformity or injury. Their fly speed is 20 feet (poor) instead of the normal fly speed, and they must make a DC 30 Fly check to fly upward. Ostracized by their tribes and forced to deal with other races, these strix compensate for their weakness by gaining a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Climb, and Diplomacy checks.
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Barbarian: Add +1 to the barbarian’s total number of rage rounds per day.
- Fighter: Add +1/4 to the attack roll bonus from the strix’s hatred racial trait.
- Monk: Add +1/4 point to the monk’s ki pool.
- Ranger: Add +1/2 round to the duration of the bonus granted to the companions of the ranger using his hunter’s bond ability.
The following racial archetype is available to strix:
The following feats are available to a strix character who meets the prerequisites.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Race Guide © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Hal MacLean, Jason Nelson, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, and Russ Taylor.