Random Grippli Starting Ages
(13 – 16 years)
(13 – 18 years)
(14 – 24 years)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
Random Grippli Height and Weight
||1 ft. 7 in.
(1 ft 9 in. – 2 ft. 3 in.)
(27 – 33 lbs.)
||1 ft. 5 in.
(1 ft. 7 in. – 2 ft. 1 in.)
(22 – 28 lbs.)
Table: Race Point Costs
||Race Point Cost
|Ability Score Modifiers
||Standard (–2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis)
||Terrain stride (swamp)
||Darkvision 60 ft.
Gripplis stand just over 2 feet tall and have mottled green-and-brown skin. Most gripplis are primitive hunter gatherers, living on large insects and fish found near their treetop homes, and are unconcerned about events outside their swamps. The rare grippli who leaves the safety of the swamp tends to be a ranger or alchemist seeking to trade for metals and gems.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Gripplis are nimble and alert, but spindly. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Strength.
- Size: Gripplis are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Type: Gripplis are humanoids with the grippli subtype.
- Base Speed: Gripplis have a base speed of 30 feet and a climb speed of 20 feet.
- Languages: Gripplis begin play speaking Common and Grippli. Gripplis with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Boggard, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Camouflage: Gripplis receive a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks in marshes and forested areas.
Movement Racial Traits
- Swamp Stride (Ex) A grippli can move through difficult terrain at its normal speed while within a swamp. Magically altered terrain affects a grippli normally.
Offense Racial Traits
- Weapon Familiarity: Gripplis are proficient with nets.
Senses Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Gripplis can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Defensive Training: Gripplis often live in close proximity to very large animals and dangerous creatures they must learn to avoid in order to survive. They gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC against Large or larger animals and magical beasts. This racial trait replaces swamp stride and weapon familiarity. Source PCS:ISR
- Glider Gripplis’ aerodynamic bodies and thick webbing between the toes enable a falling grippli to treat the distance fallen as half the actual distance. The grippli can steer himself while falling, moving horizontally up to a number of feet equal to half the vertical distance fallen. The grippli cannot use this trait if it is wearing heavy armor, is carrying a heavy load, or is unable to react to the fall (such as being helpless). This racial trait replaces swamp stride.
- Jumper Gripplis with this trait are always considered to have a running start when making Acrobatics checks to jump. This racial trait replaces camouflage.
- Princely The grippli gains proficiency with rapiers and a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks. This racial trait replaces swamp stride and weapon familiarity.
- Toxic Skin (Ex) Once per day as a swift action, a grippli can create a poison that can be applied to a weapon or delivered as a touch attack. Alternatively, the grippli can smear the poison on its own body as a standard action, affecting the first creature to hit it with an unarmed strike or natural weapon. The poison loses its potency after 1 hour. The grippli is immune to its own poison. This racial trait replaces swamp stride and camouflage. Grippli Poison: Skin or weapon—contact or injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the grippli’s Hit Dice plus its Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dexterity damage; cure 1 save.
Favored Class Options
The following favored class options are available to all characters of this race who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Alchemist Add +1/4 to the number of toxic skin uses per day.
- Druid Add a +1/2 bonus on concentration checks. This bonus doubles in a forest or swamp terrain.
- Gunslinger Add a +1/4 bonus on attack rolls when making a utility shot or a dead shot.
- Rogue Add a +1/2 bonus on Perception checks while in a forest or swamp.
- Ranger Add a +1 racial bonus on Swim skill checks. When this bonus reaches +8, the ranger gains a swim speed of 15 feet (this does not grant the ranger another +8 racial bonus on Swim checks).
The following racial archetype is available to gripplis:
The following feats are available to a gripplis character who meets the prerequisites.