They are most comfortable with others of their kind, and typically cluster in small, insular settlements where they can assume positions of authority. They keep any humans within their towns subservient and cowed, making sure those other residents know better than to act against local laws. Though deep ones are devoutly religious, they usually cloak their true beliefs under a facade of more conventional worship, believing that by doing so they can avoid suspicion from visitors and nearby societies.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Deep one hybrids are hearty and devout, but tend to be somewhat slow and awkward in their movements. They gain +2 Constitution and +2 Wisdom but suffer –2 Dexterity.
- Type: Deep One Hybrids are Humanoids with the Human and Deep One subtypes.
- Size: Deep One Hybrids are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: A deep one hybrid’s base speed is 20 feet, as it walks with a shuffling gait. A deep one hybrid has a swim speed of 30 feet, and gains a +8 racial bonus on all Swim checks.
- Languages: Deep one hybrids begin play speaking Aklo and Common. Hybrids with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, and Undercommon. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Natural Armor: A deep one hybrid’s thick skin and dense fatty tissues grant it a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
- Final Change (Su) A deep one hybrid ages at the same rate as a half-orc. A mere 1d12 months after a deep one hybrid reaches venerable age (at 60 years old), it dies a painful, agonizing death, only to have its body transform into that of a mature deep one. This transformation functions as the reincarnate spell, with the newly formed deep one gaining the following modifications to its physical ability scores: +6 Strength, –2 Dexterity, and +6 Constitution.
- Sea Longing (Ex) Every 24 hours a deep one hybrid spends in an area more than 10 miles from the sea, it must succeed at a DC 20 Will save or take 1 point of Wisdom drain.
- Take to the Water (Ex) A deep one hybrid can hold its breath 10 times longer than a human can, and gains a +2 bonus on Initiative checks and Reflex saving throws while swimming.
- Low-Light Vision: A deep one hybrid can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of dim light.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 5 © 2015, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, John Bennett, Logan Bonner, Creighton Broadhurst, Robert Brookes, Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Thurston Hillman, Eric Hindley, Joe Homes, James Jacobs, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Ben McFarland, Jason Nelson, Thom Phillips, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Alistair Rigg, Alex Riggs, David N. Ross, Wes Schneider, David Schwartz, Mark Seifter, Mike Shel, James L. Sutter, and Linda Zayas-Palmer.