Trox are powerfully built, insect-like humanoids. They walk on two strong legs, have two “arms” used for wielding weapons and performing heavy labor, and four smaller arms extending from their midsection.
Trox were once members of a much smaller and more docile race of subterranean burrowers, but were long ago enslaved by the duergar and bred into useful brutes. Eventually, several clans of trox were able to escape their slavers and reach the surface world, though they found the creatures above were just as eager to enslave them. Most trox still live a life of servitude. A free trox tends to be loyal to its true friends and inquisitive, though it can harbor deep grudges and resentments.
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Paragon (+4 Str, –2 Int, –2 Wis, –2 Cha) (1 RP)
- Advanced Strength (+2) (4 RP)
- Type: Monstrous humanoid (3 RP)
- Size: Large (7 RP)
- Base Speed: Normal (0 RP)
- Languages: Xenophobic (0 RP)
- Burrow Trox have the burrow movement ability. (3 RP) They gain a burrow speed of 20 feet.
- Special Attacks: Frenzy (2 RP) Once per day, whenever a trox takes damage, it flies into a frenzy for 1 minute, gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength, but a –2 penalty to AC.
- Darkvision: Trox have darkvision and so can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)
- Grabbing appendages (6 RP) Trox have a small group of appendages that are useful for little more than to aid in grappling. They gain Improved Grapple as a bonus feat, and can maintain a grapple and still make attacks with their main appendages.
- Tremorsense: Some trox have developed a closeness to the earth that helps them thwart the invisibility of their duergar enemies. They gain tremorsense to a range of 30 feet. This racial trait replaces frenzy and burrow. Source PCS:ISR
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Race Guide © 2012, Paizo Publishing, LLC; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Hal MacLean, Jason Nelson, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Owen K.C. Stephens, Todd Stewart, and Russ Taylor.