As many on the material plane know, aasimar are the children of angels; tieflings are the children of devils, demons, and similarly vile creatures; and nephilim are mortals born of the union of both. The god-blooded, however, are those born to the gods themselves and given mortal form. The spark of divinity exists within each god-blooded, to be nourished or ignored as he or she sees fit.
Because of their divine nature, god-blooded do not simply pass on to the spirit realm upon their death. Instead, those who are not resurrected are naturally reincarnated in a manner similar to rakshasa. While their new form retains no direct memory of any they had previously, fragments of those lives shape a new god-blooded’s outlook and personality.
Physical Description: God-blooded are human-like in appearance, except their skin tones are various shades of blue and purple, and their eyes are gold where a human’s may be brown or hazel. They sometimes have divine marks upon their skin representative of the god whose power courses through them.
Society: God-blooded society holds worship and piety above all else. Even those who rebel against their heritage find it hard to ignore their divine parentage when around others of their kind.
Relations: Devout races, particularly dwarves and aasimars, revere god-blooded, at times failing to see the man for the deity. Other races treat the god-blooded with suspicion and trepidation because they worry that, somehow, the gods can see through them.
Alignment and Religion: God-blooded tend to have alignments closely related to their divine parent, but some act against it to distinguish themselves from the gods who bore them.
Similarly, religion plays either a big part or no role at all in a god-blooded’s life, depending on the relationships it keeps.
Adventurers: Some god-blooded adventure to spread word of their god’s teachings. Others do so to get away from the trappings of their family. Whatever their reasoning, they at least tend to stay in good standing with their companions.
Male Names: Hothek, Ibih, Narak, Reiver, Taryak
Female Names: Amah, Enam, Ivihnel, Sinal, Telkam
|20 years||+4d6 years
(24 – 44 years)
(26 – 56 years)
(30 – 80 years)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, trainers, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4 ft. 10 in.||+2d8 in.||120 lbs.||+(2d8×3 lbs.)|
|Female||4 ft. 5 in.||+2d8 in.||85 lbs.||+(2d8×3 lbs.)|
God-blooded usually have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Modifiers: God-blooded are naturally intuitive, with forceful personalities. They gain +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
- Type: God-blooded are outsiders with the native subtype,
- Size: God-blooded are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: God-blooded have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: God-blooded begin play speaking Common and either Celestial or Demonic. God-blooded with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Divine Gift: A god-blooded gains the 1st-level cleric domain power from one domain of its choice and may cast the 1st-level domain spell granted by that domain once per day if it has a Wisdom or Charisma score of 11 or higher. The saving throw DC of that spell is 11 + the god-blooded’s Wisdom or Charisma modifier. The caster level for these abilities is equal to the god-blooded’s character level.
- Metatron: God-blooded gain a +1 racial bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks, and a +4 racial bonus on Linguistics checks. They learn up to 3 languages for every rank they spend in Linguistics.
- Darkvision: God-blooded have darkvision 60 ft. (they can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.)
God-blooded can select the following racial traits.
- Divine Surge: Once per day, a god-blooded with this racial trait can increase any d20 roll it just made by rolling 1d6 and adding it to the result. Using this ability is an immediate action taken after the result of the original roll is revealed. This can change the outcome of the roll. The bonus die gained by using this ability increases to 1d8 at 8th level, 1d10 at 14th level, and 1d12 at 20th level. If it becomes mythic, the god-blooded loses this ability and gains Marked for Glory as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces divine gift.
- Magical Linguist: Some god-blooded are natural truenamers. They gain a +1 bonus to the DC of spells they cast that have the language-dependent descriptor or that create glyphs, symbols, or other magical writings. They also gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against such spells. God-blooded with this trait and a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user’s character level): 1/day—arcane mark, identify, message, read magic. This racial trait replaces metatron.
- Mythic Companion: The god-blooded gains Mythic Companion as a bonus feat, which means it is considered a mythic creature for the purposes of determining how mythic spells and effects affect it. If it ever becomes mythic, the god-blooded gains a +1 bonus on all saves against mythic spells and effects. This racial trait replaces divine gift.
The following options are available to all god-blooded characters who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Cleric: Add +1/4 to damage healed or dealt with the channel energy ability.
- Convoker: Add +1/4 to the avatar’s evolution pool.
- Dúlra: Select one domain power granted at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the dúlra’s Wisdom modifier. The dúlra adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that domain power.
- Paladin: Add +1 foot to the size of all the paladin’s aura class features. This option has no effect unless the paladin has selected it 5 times (or another increment of 5); an aura of 14 feet is effectively the same as a 10-foot aura, for example.
- Truenamer: Add 1/3 to the total number of points of burn that the truenamer can accept before she can’t choose to accept additional points of burn.
The following racial archetype is available to god-blooded:
The following feats are available to an god-blooded character who meets the prerequisites.
God-blooded gain access to a special word of power, truth. Speaking truth reveals the falsehoods of others so that they may be judged accordingly. In addition to creating the effects below, a truthsayer cannot use the Bluff skill. Instead, he adds half his ranks in Bluff as a competence bonus to both his Diplomacy and Sense Motive when he has at least 1 point of burn.
- Zone of truth
- Seek thoughts or invisibility purge
- Meticulous match or locate creature
- True seeing
- Circle of clarity or vision
- Power word stun
The Book of Many Things, © 2018,Samurai Sheepdog; author Kevin Glusing.