Of all the shattered worlds, none are so deliciously out there as the reality from which gingerbread people hail. A race unto themselves, gingerbread people try their best to be functioning members of society. They define themselves by the creatures with whom they share physical traits (society, religion, and such). Once baked, they learn how to act like and grow into a strong ally, if they’re not eaten first.
Physical Description: Gingerbread people resemble diminutive members of other races, made of scrumptious cookie.
(5 – 8 months)
(6 – 12 months)
(7 – 16 months)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, trainers, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||0 ft. 7 in.||+2d4 in.||0.5 lbs.||+(2d4×0.5 lbs.)|
|Female||0 ft. 5 in.||+2d4 in.||0.5 lbs.||+(2d4×0.5 lbs.)|
Gingerbread people usually have the following racial traits.
- Ability Score Modifiers: Gingerbread people gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Type: Gingerbread people are constructs with the augmented subtype and any subtypes of the race they are baked to resemble. Unlike true constructs, they only gain the racial traits listed here. They do not breathe, eat, or sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from one of these activities. This means that a gingerbread person can drink potions to benefit from their effects and can sleep in order to regain spells, but neither of these activities is required for it to survive or stay in good health.
- Enchanted Bake: Although physically diminutive, the magic that brings gingerbread people to life causes them to function as small creatures (they jump a lot during combat, and their natural aroma keeps them from hiding particularly well). In combat, creatures are loathe to approach a living cookie wielding a steak knife or mallet, so scenes of a gingerbread person going toe-to-toe with an orc wielding a greataxe are not uncommon.
- Small: Being effectively small, gingerbread people gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Fast Movement: Gingerbread people have a base speed of 40 feet.
- Languages: Gingerbread people speak the languages of the race they resemble.
- One Tough Cookie: Gingerbread people gain +10 hit points at 1st level.
- Fearless: Gingerbread people receive a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against fear.
- Beguiling Liar: Gingerbread people gain a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie.
- Nimble Faller: Getting away from predators sometimes means jumping from otherwise dangerous heights. As a result, gingerbread people learn how to land on their feet even when they take lethal damage from a fall. Furthermore, they gain a +1 bonus to their CMD against trip attempts.
- Skilled: Gingerbread people gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level
- Darkvision: Gingerbread people can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Gingerbread people can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Acid and Fire Vulnerability: All gingerbreads have vulnerability to acid and fire damage, taking 50% more damage from those types.
- Chewy: When doused with liquid, gingerbread people take 1 point of Constitution damage. They take 1d4 Constitution damage every round when swallowed whole or submerged in liquid for more than 1 round.
- How the Cookie Crumbles: Gingerbread people are immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 or fewer hit points. They cannot be raised or resurrected.
Gingerbread people can select the following racial traits.
- Coming Soon
The following options are available to all gingerbread people who have the listed favored class, and unless otherwise stated, the bonus applies each time you select the favored class reward.
- Any Class: Any class: Add +1 to the gingerbread person’s base speed. In combat this option has no effect unless the gingerbread person has selected it five times (or another increment of five). This bonus stacks with the monk’s fast movement class feature and applies under the same conditions as that feature.
The following racial archetype is available to gingerbread people:
The following feats are available to an gingerbread person character who meets the prerequisites.
- Coming Soon
The Book of Many Things: Decidedly Laughable Collection, © 2019, Samurai Sheepdog; author Kevin Glusing.