|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3 ft. 0 in.||35 lbs.||+2d4||×1 lbs.|
|Female||2 ft. 10 in.||30 lbs.||+2d4||×1 lbs.|
These small, intelligent, squirrel-like humanoids live in secret primitive societies deep in the jungles of the world. They are omnivorous, subsisting on fruits, roots, insects, larvae, eggs stolen from treetop nests, and birds and small mammals they bring down with their blowguns. They craft most of what they need from available materials in the deep jungle but sometimes barter with more advanced creatures for metal and crafted items. Lemurfolk are nocturnal but can function normally during daytime hours. They can live 80 years, their fur graying with age. Lemurfolk stand about three feet tall and weigh about 35 lbs.
Lemurfolk tribes are a varied and rather pompous lot, and they are present in many jungles. They are often notorious pirates, bandits, and nuisances to other races. They believe themselves to be divinely ordained to bring “merriment and honey” to the downtrodden, and they steal gold and jewels whenever the opportunity presents itself.
However, their thievery comes with gifts, as well— they provide honeycomb and fruits and nuts in exchange and thus they claim that they are “purchasing” the gold or precious stones that they take. Simpler or more primitive people are often happy to see the lemurfolk bring their goods or offerings. More advanced cultures typically find them unamusing, and they sometimes offer bounties for lemurfolk hides or tails.
Lemurfolk have no racial Hit Dice, gaining their capabilities from class levels. All lemurfolk have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Strength: Lemurfolk are nimble and quick-witted, but slender.
- Small: Lemurfolk are Small sized.
- Languages: Lemurfolk speak Lemurfolk and Common. A lemurfolk who has a high Intelligence score can choose from the following bonus languages: Auran, Elven, Gnome, Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Darkvision: Lemurfolk can see in the dark up to 60 ft.
- All-Around Vision: A lemurfolk sees in all directions at once. It cannot be flanked.
- Silent Glide: A lemurfolk can launch itself into the air and glide along for 1 min., making almost no sound, and gaining a fly speed of 40 ft. and average maneuverability. A gliding lemurfolk gains a +4 circumstance bonus on Stealth checks
- Weapon Familiarity: Lemurfolk are proficient with blowguns.
The following options are available to all lemurfolk who have the listed favored class, and the bonus applies each time you select the listed favored class reward.
- Druid: Add +1 hp to the druid’s animal companion. If the lemurfolk ever replaces her animal companion, the new animal companion gains these bonus hp.
- Hunter: Add a +1/2 bonus on the hunter’s Perception checks while in a forest.
- Ranger: Add +1/4 to damage rolls against one of the ranger’s favored enemies.
- Rogue: Add +1 to the rogue’s sneak attack damage rolls, and a +1 bonus to all Bluff skill checks.
- Shaman: Add 1/4 to the shaman’s effective class level for the purpose of determining her spirit animal’s natural armor adjustment and special abilities.
- Sorcerer: Choose a bloodline power from the verdant bloodline that the sorcerer can use. The sorcerer treats her class level as though it were 1/2 higher (to a maximum of +4) when determining the effects of that power.
- White Necromancer: The white necromancer’s rebuke death ability heals an additional +1 hp.
- Witch: Add +1/4 to the witch’s caster level when casting spells of the necromancy school.
Southlands Bestiary for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. © 2015 Open Design. Authors: Kristian Ahonen, Eric Anderson, Anonymous, Joshua Banks, Wolfgang Baur, dpb, Clinton Boomer, Marina de Santiago Buey, Angelica Burns, Jarrod Camiré, Aaron Cheung, Jim Davis, Lee DeBoer, Dan Dillon, John Doh, Chris Doyle, Harold Farmer, John Foster, Erik Freund, Leonard Grand, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Andrew Harshman, Jacob Haywood, Steven T. Helt, Jeffrey Hersh, Andrew Hind, Richard Iversen, Alex Kanous, Henry S. Kurtz, Richard Lawson, Jeff Lee, Chris Lockey, Ari Marmell, Ben McFarland, Jesse McGatha, Brett A. McLean, Brian Wiborg Mønster, Matt Morrissette, Robert H. Nichols, Stacy Nichols, Kalervo Oikarinen, Gunnar Ólafsson, Richard Rossi, Stephen Rowe, Adam Roy, Wendall Roy, Matt Rupprecht, Allen F. Schell, Brian Suskind, Troy Taylor, James Thomas, John Tolios, James Whittaker, Clarence Wisdom, and Henry Wong.