|80 years||+4d6 years |
(84 – 104 years)
|+5d6 years |
(85 – 110 years)
|+9d6 years |
(89 – 134 years)
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier|
|Male||5 ft. 4 in.||+2d8 in. |
(5 ft. 6 in. – 6 ft. 8 in.)
|Female||5 ft.||+2d6 in. |
(5 ft. 2 in. – 6 ft.)
Sea elves are distant relatives of surface elves. They share many traits in common including long lives, deep attachment to their surroundings, and arrogant attitudes. Unlike their land-bound counterparts, sea elves are by no means considered quiet or reserved. Sea elves are a boisterous lot, and take celebration, vengeance, and pride especially seriously.
Physical Description: Sea elves resemble their land cousins with their slender bodies and exceptional grace and beauty. They have lustrous blue-grey skin, ranging from pale to dark. Their hair is typically green, silvery, pale blue or white. Eye color is usually dark, from deep blue or green to black. Their ears are delicately pointed like those of land elves. Sea elves have webbed fingers and toes and strong, lithe bodies adapted to swimming. They usually wear clothing woven from undersea plants, decorated with coral, shells, and pearls.
Society: Sea elves have a king or queen to whom they pay tribute, but has limited control over daily life. Sea elves live as they please, coming together under a leader only in times of undersea disaster or great woe for the world in general. The elven nobility of the sea are mostly responsible for adjudicating trade agreements, treaties, and tariffs. The sea elf population consists primarily of artists and craftsman who create some of the most breathtaking splendors of the sea. The most breathtaking of these splendors is the spectacular elven cities that are crafted from living coral. Sea elves revere both magic and nature and seldom hesitate to let one enhance the other. A departure from the philosophies of other elven kind, sea elves are not afraid to meddle or tinker with the natural order of things. More often than not, this leads to spectacular works of living art. Occasionally, this has also led to great and terrible abominations that cause more harm than good. Sea elves can be prideful and egotistical, and this can easily lead to folly if mixed with unchecked arcane might.
Relations: Sea elves often see it as their duty to look after the other races, feeling a sense of obligation to those creatures with the shortest lifespans. Other seafolk and sea elves tend to get along very well, and the two have even been known to become romantically intertwined. While children of this union are naturally impossible, sea elves often seek a magical remedy to this; which usually involves giving up their long lifespans to transform into a seafolk.
Alignment and Religion: Sea elves value freedom and emotional expression, but are generally pulled towards generosity and grace. Like their land cousins, sea elves are often chaotic good.
Adventurers: Sea elves are natural explorers with a healthy wanderlust. Many go in search of answers to the many mysteries of the sea. Some are searching for lost lore pertaining to arcane magic or power. Sea elves tend to gravitate towards wizard and mariner classes, as this works well with their physical and mental characteristics.
Male Names: Himaram, Hoviroth, Nicola, Naieh, Noirak, Omih, Riomaht, Soilevi, Solaine, Stau Female Names: Ailisu. Anairsana, Annalai, Apanax, Aunitna, Ethali, Ethana, Ikalissa, Lia, Liasola
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Sea elves are quick in mind as well as body, but have fragile frames. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and -2 Constitution.
- Size: Sea elves are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Type: Sea elves are humanoids with the elf and aquatic subtypes.
- Base Speed: Sea elves have a base land and swim speed of 30 ft.
- Elven Magic: Sea elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
- Amphibious: While sea elves primarily live under the waves, they are able to live out of the water indefinitely (they have the amphibious special ability.)
- Weapon Familiarity: Sea elves are proficient with all weapons with the word “elven” in its name, longbows, and short bows. They treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Sea elves begin play speaking Common and Delatari. Sea elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Aquan, Boggard, Celestial, Draconic, Halbok, Nixish, Lok’tar, Salatari, and Sylvan. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Cerulean Seas © 2010 Alluria Publishing. All rights reserved.