|18 years||+1d4 years (19-22 years)||+2d4 years (20-26 years)||+2d6 years (20-30 years)|
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5 ft. 1 in.||+2d10 in. (5 ft. 3 in. - 6 ft. 9 in.)||120 lbs.||x(2d4) lbs. (124 - 280 lbs.)|
|Female||4 ft. 7 in.||+2d10 in. (4 ft. 9 in. - 6 ft. 3 in.)||85 lbs.||x(2d4) lbs. (89 - 245 lbs.)|
Confused with lizardfolk by the ignorant, ophiduans stand out among the other civilized nations in a fashion similar to the dromites, having a more monstrous and distinct appearance than most humanoids. Where other races share soft skin, flat teeth, protruding ears, and a tendency to be partially or fully covered in hair, ophiduans are distinct and very proud of it. Organized and expansionistic in nature, ophiduans view talent and skill, especially with psionics, as the key component for social station, rather than wealth, heritage, or influence.
Physical Description Reptilian scales cover the ophiduans' hairless bodies, and their yellow, slitted eyes and sharp teeth give them a striking appearance. They stand tall, often a head above most humans, but are typically slimmer than humans, being lithe in build. Ophiduans have no ears, and their ridged brows are often what define their face. Most ophiduans are green-scaled, but there are those of blue, purple, black, or yellow in tone, a trait which is passed along to progeny. The only common color among all ophiduans is the dull grey of their stomachs, which reflects their common ancestry.
Society Ohiduans are sometimes viewed as being cold in personality because they are reptilian in nature, but that does not define their society. Rather, a strong meritocracy defines them; to an ophiduan, leadership is constantly earned, as are most things in life. Respect, money, and friends, all are earned and the ophiduan society reflects this. There is very little compassion towards strangers, even within a society, but friends and family are expected to sacrifice for one another. Ophiduans tend not to be satisfied with themselves, feeling a drive to become better, seeking the elusive state of perfection. A leader amongst the ophiduans is often a very capable politician, a warrior, and psionically gifted, for otherwise he or she would not have risen to such a position, as he or she would not have proven capable of leading. This results in the ophiduan societies tendency to become organized and expansionistic in nature, as they strive to improve their cities, lands, and surrounding areas. Sometimes they expand by war, sometimes by politics, but never does an ophiduan society find any form of calm or stability, for it is always seeking to become better, trying to become perfect.
Relations Ophiduans view most other races as strange, sometimes even soft. The whimsical ways of gnomes and halflings tend to irritate them, humans seem to constantly shift between their goals, and half-elves seem to be confused about who they are. Ophiduans can respect the dedication of the elves, but cannot relate to their perceived inactivity and slow-acting ways. Dwarves impress the ophiduans with their ability to build lasting empires and their perfection of the crafts, but their inability to adapt and to strive forward annoys them. Half-orcs and half-giants, strangely enough, are often appreciated, for if anything they tend to be direct and strive towards action, something ophiduans can appreciate. Xeph are valued for their individual philosophy, but disdained as a society for their seeming acceptance to maintain what they have and not to improve or expand. Dromites are appreciated for they too have a constant drive towards a goal. Few ophiduans know what elans are and thus have no specific relations to them.
Alignment and Religion Ophiduans tend to revere their greatest leaders as gods in the flesh, although they never go so far as to actually worship them; rather an ophiduan will follow the great leader and be inspired. The gods of other races and religions are therefore also viewed like this, as representations of great individuals to be admired, aspired towards, and emulated. However, ophiduans also believe that each individual carries within them the seed of divinity if they strive hard enough, and thus ophiduans typically do not bow before any gods. While varying between good and evil, almost every ophiduan tend towards lawful, for the structure of a stable society is necessary to achieve perfection.
Adventurers Striving for perfection is the typical reason an ophiduan begins adventuring. What other way to train yourself, test yourself, and raise yourself up towards divinity, than to meet and overcome challenges.
Male Names Mixal, Xiphoter, Maxev, Ioxua, Iaxot, Nixokas, Antax, Tanix, Tyxor, Kraxan.
Female Names Azlei, Iezi, Sazari, Krizani, Emizi, Samazi, Amazi, Kazeri, Mezan, Kriza.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Ophiduans are lithe, quick, and intuitive, but cold in demeanor and monstrous in appearance.
- Reptilian Blood: Ophiduans are of the humanoid (reptilian) subtype
- Medium: Ophiduans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Ophiduans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Scaled Hide: An ophiduan's skin is hardened scales and grants the character a +1 natural armor bonus to AC.
- Naturally Psionic: Ophiduans gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. If an ophiduan takes levels in a psionic class, he instead gains the Psionic Talent feat.
- Serpent's Bite (Ps): Once per day, an ophiduan can alter his jaws, gaining a bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage, plus an extra 1d8 points of damage per fve character levels beyond 1st. This effect lasts for 1 minute. The manifester level is equal to the ophiduan's level.
- Darkvision: Ophiduans can see in the dark up to 60 feet. See Vision and Light.
- Poison Resistant: Ophiduans gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- Psionic Aptitude: When an ophiduan takes a level in a favored class, he can choose to gain an additional power point instead of a hit point or skill point.
- Weapon Familiarity: Ophiduans treat any weapon with the word “ophiduan” in the name as a martial weapon rather than an exotic one.
- Languages: Ophiduans begin play speaking Common and Ophiduan. Ophiduans with high Intelligence scores can choose can choose from the following: Aquan, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, and Goblin.