|12 years||+1d4 years (13-16 years)||+1d6 years (13-18 years)||+2d6 years (14-24 years)|
1 This category includes barbarians, oracles, rogues, and sorcerers.
2 This category includes bards, cavaliers, fighters, gunslingers, paladins, rangers, summoners, and witches.
3 This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, monks, and wizards.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3 ft. 10 in.||+2d4 in. (4 ft. 0 in. – 4 ft. 6 in.)||40 lbs.||x1 lb. (42 – 48 lbs.)|
|Female||2 ft. 10 in.||+2d4 in. (3 ft. 0 in. – 3 ft. 6 in.)||35 lbs.||x1 lb. (37 – 43 lbs.)|
Once thought to be a subrace of the goblins, blues are related to goblins, being a goblinoid race, but are actually defined as their own race. Able to interbreed with goblins, similar to humans interbreeding with elves, blues often infiltrate goblin tribes to procreate with the females of the tribe, having a limited population of blue females to choose from. Many blues with strong psionic ability learn to control their physical form using psionics to assume the look of a normal goblin, thereby allowing easier integration into a goblin tribe. The blood of blues runs stronger than goblins, and therefore a tribe that knowingly or unknowingly allows blues to breed with them will over a matter of a few generations be composed completely of blues. Because of this, the blues were once hunted into near extinction by their goblin kin, prompting their stealthier and cautious ways. The blue elders will often breed and then leave a tribe, looking for a new place to spread their blood before it is destroyed.
Physical Description Short with leathery blue hide, large eyes and ears and a mouth filled with fangs, blues stand between 3 and 4 feet tall, with males slightly taller and heavier than females. Most blues have black hair on their heads, although some choose to go bald. To most, the blue is simply an oddly-colored goblin. Very few things make them stand out from their racial cousins, at least physically, aside from their skin tone.
Society Where goblins are disorganized, driven by their passions and need for activity, blues are quite the opposite. They are determined, focused, and driven to organization and structure. A tribe of goblins that doesn’t kill a newborn blue will often come to be dominated by that blue, whose natural organizational skills and intelligence allows it to either rule the tribe outright, or manipulate the less intelligent goblins. These tribes tend to become focused and unified, whipped into structure not necessarily by the leadership qualities of the blue, but by his psionic power and intelligence. As a result, most of the dominant goblin societies are actually lead by a powerful blue; the few tribes of only blues that have popped up tend to welcome order and competition, finding common cause with the ophiduans.
Relations While driven and intelligent, most blues are colored by the dark ways of the tribes where they grew up. These blues tend to look down on all other races and wish to dominate and enslave them, which naturally makes them enemies to most races, but even a more mild-natured or civilized blue will be met by suspicion by half-giants, elves, dwarves, gnomes and dromites, while the maenad and ophiduan societies often find much in common with a blue’s worldview, seeing the need for structure and order, which can equate to expansionistic and conquering tendencies..
Alignment and Religion Few blues are religious, believing themselves to be superior to the weak-willed people around them that need supernatural crutches to cope with a hostile world. Most blues tend to be lawful evil, tainted by their lives among the goblin tribes. Laws tend to protect the selfish more than the altruistic and therefore a blue would rather learn to use the rules than break them.
Adventurers Blues often become adventurers having been driven out by their home tribe, or they come from one of the few existing blue tribes. Even so, to wander means that they are either desperate (often for power) or cocky and unafraid. Blues find adventuring a means to an end, a way for them to become rich, powerful, and connected, with death one of the possible outcomes. To a blue, that is a fair bargain to be made.
Names Most blues outside of goblin society take a name from other humanoids, which means that their naming conventions are as varied as that of all other races combined. However, many often add a descriptive title, such as “Oman the Magnificent” or “Andra the Wild” to enhance their individuality.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength: Blues are smart and quick, but their small size makes them weak.
- Goblinoid: Blues are of the humanoid ( ) subtype.
- Small: Blues are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Normal Speed: Blues are fast for their size, and have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Blues can see in the dark up to 60 feet. See Vision and Light.
- Naturally Psionic: Blues gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. If a blue takes levels in a psionic class, he instead gains the Psionic Talent feat..
- Psionic Aptitude: When a blue takes a level in a favored class, he can choose to gain an additional power point instead of a hit point or skill point.
- Pariah: The appearance of the blue can affect the reactions of those nearby. A blue takes a -1 penalty to Charisma-based skill checks when dealing with non- humanoids, but gains a +1 bonus to Charisma-based skill checks while interacting with goblins.
- Repletion (Su): A blue can sustain his body without need of food or water. If he spends 1 power point, a blue does not need to eat or drink for 24 hours.
- Keen Senses: Blues receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Stealthy: Blues receive a +2 racial bonus on Stealth and Ride checks, and blues always treat Stealth as a class skill
- Weapon Familiarity: Blues treat any weapon with the word “goblin” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Blues begin play speaking Common and Goblin. Blues with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnoll, Gnome, Halfling, and Orc.