Price varies; Battle 12,000 gp; Bones 12,000 gp; Flame 10,000 gp; Heavens 8,000 gp; Life 12,000 gp; Stone 10,000 gp; Waves 10,000 gp; Wind 8,000 gp; Slot neck; CL varies; Weight 1 lb.; Aura varies
Each different type of amulet of the spirit grants its wearer powers from one type of shaman spirit bond, but makes her vulnerable to attacks and effects that target creatures with that spirit bond (such as a spirit-hunting weapon). If a creature that already has the associated mystery or spirit wears the amulet, that wearer does not gain the abilities listed below; instead, the effective level of her mystery or spirit powers increases by 2. This effect does not stack with other abilities that increase the effective level of mystery or spirit powers.
- Battle: This amulet is shaped like a tiny dagger that hangs point down. Once per day as a swift action, the wearer can activate a battle ward, which grants her a +3 deflection bonus to AC. Each time she is attacked, the deflection bonus is reduced by 1 (whether the attack succeeds or not) until the ward fades away when the bonus reaches +0. In addition, once per day as a swift action the wearer can curse a creature within 30 feet, making it take more damage from bleed effects and causing its wounds to heal at a slower rate. When the cursed creature takes bleed damage, it takes 1 additional point of bleed damage (even if the bleed is ability damage). Furthermore, when the target is subject to an effect that would restore its hit points, that effect restores only half the normal amount of hit points. This curse lasts for 8 rounds. Moderate necromancy;; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells bestow curse, entropic shield.
- Bones: This amulet is a necklace made of petrified bones. Once per day as a swift action, the wearer can activate a bone ward, which causes a group of flying bones to encircle her, granting her a +2 deflection bonus to AC for 8 rounds. In addition, once per day as a swift action the wearer can target a creature within 30 feet, causing it to become frightened for 1 round (Will DC 13 negates). Moderate necromancy;; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells entropic shield, scare.
- Flame: This amulet is a single fire opal hanging from a chain of brass. Twice per day as a swift action, the wearer can activate a fire ward. The next time she is struck with a melee weapon, the creature making the attack takes 1d6+4 points of fire damage. The ward lasts for 1 minute, after which it fades away if not expended. In addition, twice per day as a swift action the wearer can cause a creature within 30 feet to become vulnerable to fire until the end of the wearer’s turn. Whenever the creature takes fire damage, it takes half again as much damage (+50%). If the creature is already vulnerable to fire, this hex has no effect. Fire immunity and resistances apply as normal, and any saving throw allowed by the effect that caused the damage reduces it as normal. Moderate evocation;; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells burning hands.
- Heavens: This black cat’s eye hanging from a silver chain reflects any light that hits its surface back as a six-pointed star. Whenever the wearer can see the open sky at night, she can determine her precise location, and can add her Wisdom modifier to her Charisma modifier on all Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks. In addition, as a standard action the wearer can cause one enemy within 30 feet to treat the light level as two steps lower: bright light becomes dim light, normal light becomes darkness, and areas of dim light and darkness become supernaturally dark (like darkness, but even creatures with darkvision can’t see). This effect lasts for 8 rounds (Will DC 13 negates). This action doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity. Moderate divination;; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells darkness, locate creature.
- Life: This amulet is formed from a petrified robin’s egg strung on a simple thong of woven hair. The wearer becomes more receptive to healing magic, regaining an additional 1d6 hit points from any cure spell cast upon her. In addition, once per day as a standard action, the wearer can cut off any single creature within 30 feet from all forms of magical healing and effects that remove conditions. A DC 13 Will saving throw negates this effect, which otherwise lasts for 1 minute. Moderate conjuration and necromancy;; CL 10th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells cure light wounds, inflict moderate wounds.
- Stone: This rounded river rock hangs from a copper chain. Once per day as a swift action, the wearer can activate a ward of stone, granting herself DR 5/adamantine against the next two melee attacks against her. This ward lasts for 1 minute, after which it fades away if not expended. In addition, once per day as a swift action the wearer can cause a creature within 30 feet to become slightly magnetic; this effect lasts for 2 rounds. Whenever the creature is attacked by a melee or ranged weapon made primarily of metal, it takes a –4 penalty to AC. Moderate abjuration;; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells heat metal, stoneskin.
- Waves: This amulet is a small conch hanging from a cord of woven seaweed. Once per day as a swift action, the wearer can activate a ward of mist, granting herself concealment as the blur spell. The mist dissipates after it causes two attacks to miss because of concealment or after 1 minute, whichever comes first. In addition, as a swift action once per day the wearer can cause one creature within 30 feet to become more susceptible to the sapping powers of cold for 1 minute. When a creature takes cold damage while under this effect, it is entangled for 1 round. If the creature takes cold damage while already entangled by this effect, the duration of the entangled condition increases by 1 round. Moderate illusion;; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells blur, chill touch.
- Wind: This feather hangs from a chain of slender twigs reminiscent of a bird’s nest. Once per day as a swift action, the wearer can activate a ward of wind that lasts for 1 minute. When she is attacked with an arrow, ray, or other ranged attack that requires an attack roll, that attack roll has a 20% miss chance. In addition, once per day as a swift action the wearer can cause a creature within 30 feet to spark and shimmer with electrical energy. While this does not harm the creature, it does cause the creature to emit light like a torch, preventing it from gaining any benefit from concealment or invisibility. Furthermore, while the aura lasts, whenever the target is hit with a metal melee weapon, it also takes 5 points of electricity damage. The sparking aura lasts 4 rounds. Moderate abjuration and evocation;; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item; Spells entropic shield, shocking grasp.
Cost varies; Battle 6,000 gp; Bones 6,000 gp; Flame 5,000 gp; Heavens 4,000 gp; Life 6,000 gp; Stone 5,000 gp; Waves 5,000 gp; Wind 4,000 gp; Feats Craft Wondrous Item; Spells additional spells (see text), creator must be a shaman with the appropriate spirit.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Advanced Class Guide © 2014, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Dennis Baker, Ross Byers, Jesse Benner, Savannah Broadway, Jason Bulmahn, Jim Groves, Tim Hitchcock, Tracy Hurley, Jonathan H. Keith, Will McCardell, Dale C. McCoy, Jr., Tom Phillips, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Thomas M. Reid, Sean K Reynolds, Tork Shaw, Owen K.C. Stephens, and Russ Taylor.