Aura moderate evocation; CL 9th; Slot none; Price 33,000 gp; Weight 5 lbs.
Constructed of iron set with silver rivets, this rod has the properties of a +2 light mace.
Its other powers are as follows.
- Lightning: Once per day, when the wielder desires, a short spark of electricity can leap forth when the rod strikes an opponent to deal the normal damage for a +2 light mace (1d6+2) and an extra 2d6 points of electricity damage. Even when the rod fails to score a normal hit in combat, if the roll was good enough to count as a successful melee touch attack, then the 2d6 points of electricity damage still apply. The wielder activates this power as a free action, and it works if he strikes an opponent within 1 round.
- Lightning stroke: Once per day as a standard action, the wielder can cause the rod to shoot out a 5-foot-wide lightning bolt dealing 9d6 points of electricity damage (Reflex DC 16 half) to a range of 200 feet.
- Thunder: Once per day, the rod can strike as a +3 light mace, and the opponent struck is stunned from the noise of the rod’s impact (Fortitude DC 16 negates). Activating this sonic power counts as a free action, and it works if the wielder strikes an opponent within 1 round.
- Thunderclap: Once per day as a standard action, the wielder can cause the rod to give out a deafening noise, just as a shout spell (Fortitude DC 16 partial, 2d6 points of sonic damage, target deafened for 2d6 rounds).
- Thunder and Lightning: Once per week as a standard action, the wielder of the rod can combine the thunderclap power with a lightning bolt, as in the lightning stroke power. The thunderclap affects all creatures within 10 feet of the bolt. The lightning stroke deals 9d6 points of electricity damage (count rolls of 1 or 2 as rolls of 3, for a range of 27 to 54 points), and the thunderclap deals 2d6 points of sonic damage. A single DC 16 Reflex save applies for both effects.
Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Rod, lightning bolt, shout; Cost 16,500 gp