Whereas some druids focus on the beasts of the world and others focus on the rejuvenating aspects of the environment the elementalurgist focuses on the very building blocks that allow for nature’s grandeur: the elements. The elementalurgist is a master at calling forth both the essence and the primal forces of creation. .
Each day when meditating on the mysteries of nature to prepare spells, the elementalurgist may attune herself to one element: Air, Earth, Fire, or Water. Attuning herself to the element grants her that domain. She may choose any subdomain of these, except for the Metal subdomain.
Attunement to an element lasts until the elementalurgist re-attunes herself as part of the meditation. You cannot choose to not be attuned to an element. When determining the powers and bonus spells granted by this domain, the elementalurgist’s effective cleric level is equal to her druid level. An elementalurgist also receives additional domain spell slots, just like a cleric. She must prepare the spell from her domain in this slot.
As the elementalurgist grows in her worship of the elements, she can attune to more elements. When attuned to multiple elements, she receives the powers and spells of the domains of the elements she’s attuned to, but she does not receive additional spell slots from domains gained after the first. At 6th level, she attunes to two elements. At 11th level, she attunes to three elements. At 16th level, she attunes to all four elements.
This ability replaces nature bond.
An elementalurgist can channel stored spell energy into domain spells that she has not prepared ahead of time. She can “lose” a prepared spell in order to cast any domain spell of the same level or lower.
She may only use this ability with spells from attuned domains.
This ability replaces the ability to spontaneously cast summon nature’s ally spells.
This ability replaces woodland stride.
At 3rd level, the elementalurgist gains the ability to call forth aspects of the elements she is attuned to and infuse her allies with these aspects. As a standard action, the elementalurgist can select a number of allies equal to 1 + her Wisdom modifier (minimum 1) to infuse with an aspect, detailed below. An aspect lasts for a number of rounds equal to 1 + half the elementalurgist’s level. All allies receive the same aspect. Each aspect has a minimum level and an element associated with it. You must be high enough level to infuse the aspect, and you must be attuned to the element that the aspect is associated with. At 7th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, you may infuse your allies with one additional aspect, up to 5 aspects at 19th level.
While infused with an element, the appearance of allies changes slightly to reflect which aspect they are infused Elementalurgist [Fire] with. An ally whose attacks are infused with fire might have a faint aura of fire around his weapon, while the skin of an ally infused with adamantine hardness takes on a slightly metallic sheen. In addition, the ally’s attacks deal an extra +1d6 points of elemental damage.
For every two additional aspects the ally is infused with, this damage increases by +1d6. If infused with an Air aspect, this extra damage is electricity damage. If infused with an Earth aspect, this extra damage is acid damage. If infused with a Fire aspect, this extra damage is fire damage. If infused with a Water aspect, this extra damage is cold damage. If the elementalurgist infuses an ally with aspects from multiple elements, she must choose from those elements as the damage type.
Subsequent uses of this ability negate any previous uses still in effect.
The save DC for any ability from an aspect is equal to 10 + half the elementalurgist’s level + their Wisdom modifier. Unless otherwise specified, all aspects that modify weapons only modify non-spell weapons.
At 3rd level, the elementalurgist has access to the following aspects:
- Burn [Fire]: The ally’s weapons burst into flame, and the flame lingers in its previous position for longer than expected, as if hinting at its sticky nature. Creatures the ally successfully hits with a weapon must make a Reflex save or catch fire for 1d4 rounds; dealing 1d6 points of fire damage each round.
- Charged Air [Air]: The air around the ally cracks as small bursts of electricity suddenly appear and disappear. At the start of ally’s turn, creatures adjacent to the ally take 2d4 points of electricity damage unless they make a Reflex save. A successful saving throw halves the damage
- Clobbering Strikes [Earth]: Right before impact, the weapons of the ally grow twice as large, clobbering the foe with the earth’s fury. The ally’s weapons deal damage as if one size larger. This is a magical effect that increases size.
- Earthbound Stability [Earth]: The ally’s feet seem to meld with the earth, providing superior stability all the while not restricting movement. The ally receives a +2 competence bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground. In addition, the ally gains a +1 insight bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground.
- Fiery Haste [Fire]: Small wisps of flame sprout off from the ally as they make their way through the battlefield. The ally receives a +5 feet insight bonus to base speed, and receives an extra +2 fire damage on all weapon damage rolls, including spell weapons.
- Fluid Motion [Water]: The ally’s movements become supernaturally graceful, allowing them to flow over obstacles that would stop others. The ally may take a 5 foot step into difficult terrain. In addition, the ally can move 5 feet if missed by a melee attack. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunities and the ally must end their movement threatened by the enemy who missed.
- Icy Steps [Water]: The ally’s steps chill the ground where ever they go. Each round, the ally chooses one square they take up. Ice appears in a straight line from where ever the selected square was at the beginning of the turn to where it is at the end of your turn. This ice counts as difficult terrain for one turn, before it melts away. For a medium creature, the square chosen will be the only square the creature is in, but for larger creatures, they just choose one square that they are in. An ally under the effect of Icy Steps does not treat the ice created by this aspect as difficult terrain.
- Wind to the Back [Air]: Each step brings the ally a little further than normal as small gusts of winds launch the ally forth. The ally receives a +10 foot insight bonus to speed, and all jumps count as running jumps.
Elementalurgist [Water] At 7th level, the elementalurgist has access to the following aspects:
- Haze [Air]: The ally is encased in a protective haze. The ally is treated as if being affected by the blur spell.
- Iron To Ice [Water]: The ally’s weapons turn into supernaturally stable ice that coldly saps the strength to fight from the ally’s foes. Half the damage the ally inflicts with a weapon is cold damage. Despite the name, this aspect works with all weapons.
- Trailblazer [Fire]: A blaze follows the ally as they dance across the earth. This glowing trail of fire appears behind you in a straight line starting where you started your turn and ending where you end your movement. Each square where you step out of starts ablaze for a round, causing 2d4 points of fire damage (Reflex half) to any creature passing through the flames.
- Toughened Skin [Earth]: The ally’s skin color becomes a shifting gradient of earthy, yet oddly metallic, brown and green. The ally gains DR 1/adamantine. For every two druid levels past 2nd level (4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th), the DR increases by 1 point, to a maximum of DR 10/adamantine at 20th level.
At 11th level, the elementalurgist has access to the following aspects:
- Burrowing [Earth]: The ally is easily able to move through earth, and can exist in earth as if he was above ground. Your ally gains a burrow speed equal to 1/4th their base speed, and can breathe while burrowing.
- Elemental Resistance [Air, Earth, Fire, or Water]: Your ally gains a resistance to one of the elements you are attuned to. Choose on element when you imbue this aspect. The ally gains energy resistance 15 to that element. You can apply this aspect multiple times, but with different elements.
- Flight [Air]: The ally is able to fly perfectly with the help of the wind. Your ally gains a fly speed equal to their base speed, with good maneuverability. The ally gains an enhancement bonus to Fly checks equal to half the elementalurgist’s caster level.
- Rejuvenating Waters [Water]: The ally is imbued with the rejuvenating properties of spring water.
- Sheath of Flame [Fire]: A sheath of flames surrounds the ally, flaring up when enemies get close. Any creature striking you with its body or a hand-held weapon deals normal damage, but at the same time the attacker takes 1d6 points of damage + 1 point per elementalurgist level (to a maximum of +15). Creatures attacking with a reach melee weapon do not take the damage. The ally takes no damage from these flames, but sheds light as a torch. At 15th level, the elementalurgist has access to the following aspects:
- Fiery Burst of Speed [Fire]: The ally is imbued with the ability to summon forth a great burst of flames to propel them forward. Once every 1d4 rounds, the ally may, as a swift action, move up to their base speed, as if taking a move action. When the ally uses this ability, all enemies adjacent to the ally take 6d6 fire damage, with a Reflex save for half.
- Fluid Form [Water]: The ally’s form becomes more fluid. The ally is affected by the fluid form spell.
- Mystical Earth [Earth]: The ally is able to tap into the mystical power of the earth to enhance their own spellcasting. While on solid ground, the ally is treated as possessing the Eschew Materials feat and gains a +2 bonus to caster level checks. While under the effects of this aspect, the spellcaster may spend a full-round action to cast any spell that normally has a standard action or less casting time. When doing so, the DC of the spell increases by 1.
- Swift Attack [Air]: The ally is infused with the celerity of wind, allowing them to attack faster.
When making a full attack action, the ally may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the ally’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. This aspect does not stack with effects such as haste.
The elementalurgist may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 5 + their Wisdom modifier.
This ability replaces wild shape.