Dreamscarred Press makes a wide variety of classes using different subsystems of rules, which are detailed below.
Akasha is an ancient form of magic whose use predates most forms of spellcasting known to the mortal world. Long before wizards began unraveling the secrets of the cosmos and codifying them into arcane formulae, and even before dragons, demons and other beings of magic began mingling their blood with lesser species, wise mystics and abstruse visionaries bound the raw magical essence known as akasha into crude physical forms and bent its might to their enigmatic purposes.
Akasha is a somewhat simplistic form of magic, generated by mixing life energy, called essence, with the small amounts of arcane magic that suffuse all things and shaping them into rough physical forms. These crude magical constructs are sustained by attaching them to points in the body that naturally conduct energy, called chakra. While modern spellcasters scoff at wielders of akasha as crude and unrefined amateurs, non-traditionalists still practice the ancient arts of shaping akasha – known as veilweaving – and trust implicitly in its power and reliability.
- Vizier: The vizier uses his keen wits to channel and focus akashic energy to serve his purposes, developing new and powerful veils. The vizier is the undisputed master of veils; no other class can match his expertise or versatility with their powers.
To put it simply, the Path of War is a new way to look at martial combat. At its basic roots, the Path of War allows for martially-inclined characters to harness new abilities to aid them in combat. These new abilities are known as maneuvers, a specific technique that allows a martial disciple to enact a powerful attack, erect a defense against an attack, or improve his overall fighting ability or the abilities of others. By initiating these in combat, the martial disciple has a powerful edge that can even rival the powers of the spellcasters of the world.
- Harbinger: The harbinger is a mobile combatant that specializes in inflicting curses and manipulating their foes on the battlefield through use of maneuvers. They are specialists in channeling negative emotions as well as focusing on a singular discipline above and beyond the norm of other initiators.
- Mystic: The mystic is a warrior filled with barely controlled arcane power. Through the use of unique glyphs and powerful animus, they channel this potent arcane energy to aid their allies both on and off the battlefield.
- Stalker: A combination of combatant and stealthy scout, the stalker uses maneuvers that focus on close-quarters combat or thrown weapons, as well as those that channel supernatural energies.
- Warder: The protector and strategist, the warder most often uses maneuvers that rely on shields and protecting others.
- Warlord: Often fond of big, sweeping attacks, the warlord is a combat leader skilled at landing devastating strikes.
- Zealot: The zealot is a leader and motivator on the battlefield. By binding their allies into a single collective, they can share the might of conviction and zeal to lead their allies to victory and ensure that they do not fall against even the toughest of foes.
- Animus Adept: The animus adept takes the new animus system with its use of martial glyphs to a new level of party support.
- Awakened Blade: Awakened blades, as they are called, learn to use their precognitive mastery as both offense and defense in pursuit of greater psionic knowledge and personal glory or power.
- Battle Templar: Battle templars serve the role of both divine agent and warrior in times when the state of their religion or church is in danger.
- Bladecaster: By fortifying the body with arcane might, the bladecaster can force his magic to augment his physical abilities and increase his martial capabilities to supernatural levels.
- Dragon Fury: By devoting one’s self to the Thrashing Dragon discipline, the dragon fury learns many things on how best to emulate the dragon and its fighting style, and a dragon’s deep well of wrath lives within their hearts and pumps its fury to every inch of their body.
- Mage Hunter: The path of the mage hunter is a dangerous one, combining skill at arms and stealth with a brand of sorcery that serves a singular purpose: slaying mages.
- Landskneckt: The landskneckt brings a powerful boost to einhander combat styles and defensive abilities.
- Phoenix Champion: The phoenix champion brings the fires of purity by way of Solar Wind and Silver Crane to ranged combat.
- Umbral Blade: Every moon has a dark side, and in that darkness there is something waiting for those who are daring enough to tread upon that perilous path. By entering the shadow of the Veiled Moon, the so-called Umbral Blades find that this darkness possesses power at a price, and by making a deal with it, that power can be bought.
Also, check out Martial Options for Other Classes.
The innate power of the mind is present within all creatures. But it is those who choose to take levels in psionic classes who can unlock and develop this immense power contained within. This mental energy exists in many forms: Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma are direct links to the conscious mind, but the physical abilities: Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, are also factors. Each of these component pieces is like a single facet of a greater whole.
Psionic characters do not simply tap into the power of the mind, but the power of the mind and the body together. The psionic classes utilize the totality of consciousness to transform thoughts, ideas, and dreams into the real world.
- Aegis: Surrounded by a protective suit of ectoplasm, the aegis customizes his astral armor to suit his personal taste and the circumstances of the moment. Where a soulknife always has the right weapon for the job, the aegis is always protected from danger.
- Cryptic: Seeing reality as merely a variety of patterns joined together, the cryptic is capable of finding anything hidden, while at the same time hiding herself away, even in plain view.
- Dread: The dread is the living embodiment of fear, using that powerful emotion to incapacitate enemies and strengthen himself.
- Marksman: Combining mental power with thrown or ranged attacks, the marksman is a deadly wielder of ranged weapons.
- Psion: A master of the mind, a seeker of knowledge of psionics.
- Psychic Warrior: A soldier who combines psionic power with physical prowess.
- Soulknife: A warrior who creates a unique weapon out of mental energy.
- Tactician: Joining allies together into a single cohesive unit, the tactician learns how to turn strategy into reality with his combination of combat expertise and coordinating ability.
- Vitalist: Masters of healing energy, the vitalist links his allies into a collective that can share healing across any boundary, instead of reserving it for only himself.
- Wilder: A natural talent with psionics who channels emotion to wield uncontrolled power.
Psionics Unleashed, © 2010, Dreamscarred Press.
Psionics Expanded: Advanced Psionics Guide, © 2011, Dreamscarred Press; Authors: Jeremy Smith and Andreas Rönnqvist.
Ultimate Psionics, © 2013, Dreamscarred Press; Authors: Andreas Rönnqvist, Jeremy Smith.
Akashic Mysteries, © 2014 Dreamscarred Press; Author: Michael Sayre
Path of War, © 2014, Dreamscarred Press.
Path of War – Expanded, © 2016, Dreamscarred Press.