Hetzuud CR 3
Speed 20 ft., climb 10 ft.
Melee 2 slams +7 (1d6+3)
Special Attacks merge
Str 16, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 13
Base Atk +3; CMB +6; CMD 17 (can’t be tripped)
Feats Great Fortitude, Weapon Focus (slam)
Skills Bluff +9 (+13 when using change shape ability), Climb +12, Disguise +10 (+20 when using change shape ability), Perception +4, Stealth +7; Racial Modifiers +4 Bluff, +4 Disguise, +4 Stealth
Languages Common, Hetzuud (tactile), Ultari
SQ change shape (alter self ), compression, internal storage, mimic object, perfect copy
Organization solitary, pair, or colony (3–12)
Internal Storage (Ex)
A hetzuud can secrete and carry equipment inside itself but can only store items smaller than the hetzuud’s current form (assumed or natural) with a total weight less than or equal to the hetzuud’s light load.
If a hetzuud spends a full-round action when using its change shape ability, it can don armor or clothing stored inside it, or ready up to two weapons or other items. A hetzuud can retrieve any item stored inside itself as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
In its natural form, an adjacent hetzuud can merge with another willing hetzuud as a full-round action without provoking an attack of opportunity. Up to four hetzuud can merge in this fashion, thereby creating a hetzuud amalgam. Hetzuud within an amalgam remain in constant communication with one another and can coordinate their actions to greater effect while joined, immediately gaining Improved Initiative as a bonus feat (and increasing their current initiative result by +4 if already engaged in battle).
All hetzuud within an amalgam can continue making their own independent actions, manifesting pseudopods to make slam attacks and wielding any manufactured weapons, magic items, or other gear as normal. If a merged hetzuud leaves a square adjacent to the amalgam, it must spend another full-round action to do so and loses all benefits of the amalgam. A successful sunder combat maneuver dealing at least 1 hit point of damage per Hit Die of an amalgam’s constituent members can forcibly separate a single hetzuud from an amalgam (determined randomly). An amalgam provides the following additional effects to all its members:
- Collaborative Resistance: When making saving throws against individually targeted effects, a hetzuud amalgam uses the highest saving throw modifier of any hetzuud in the amalgam.
- Conjoined Combat: Two or more hetzuud within an amalgam may initiate their attacks against the same foe, and they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares. In addition, as a standard action any hetzuud in an amalgam may contribute an aid another action to grant a cumulative +2 bonus on another member’s next attack roll regardless of their positioning within the amalgam.
- Distributed Wounds: Hetzuud within an amalgam split all hit point damage equally by sharing it among themselves.
- Pliable Transposition: As a move action, any hetzuud within an amalgam may swap places with another member of the amalgam to occupy a different square within the amalgam.
- Size Increase: Each individually conjoined hetzuud gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a –2 size penalty to Dexterity, and a –1 penalty on attack rolls and AC.
The hetzuud also receive a natural reach of 10 feet and increase their slam attack damage to 1d8.
Mimic Object (Ex)
Perfect Copy (Su)
Alien Codex © 2018, Legendary Games; Lead Designer: Jason Nelson. Authors: Anthony Adam, Kate Baker, John Bennet, Eytan Bernstein, Robert Brookes, Russ Brown, Duan Byrd, Paris Crenshaw, Jeff Dahl, Robyn Fields, Joel Flank, Matt Goodall, Robert J. Grady, Jim Groves, Steven T. Helt, Thurston Hillman, Tim Hitchcock, Nick Hite, Daniel Hunt, Mike Kimmel Marshall, Isabelle Lee, Jeff Lee, Lyz Liddell, Jason Nelson, Richard Pett, Tom Phillips, Jeff Provine, Alistair J. Rigg, Alex Riggs, Wendall Roy, Mike Shel, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Russ Taylor, Rachel Ventura, Mike Welham, George Loki Williams, Scott Young.