Light shimmers across this humanoid figure’s bare golden skin, illuminating regal features.
Shabti CR 1/2
1/day—suggestion (DC 16)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +4)
Str 10, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 17
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11
Feats Martial Weapon Proficiency (longsword)
Skills Diplomacy +7, Knowledge (religion) +5, Perception +3, Sense Motive +3, Spellcraft +5
Languages Celestial, Common
SQ immortal, oracle’s curse (haunted), past-life knowledge, revelations (coat of many stars), shattered soul
Shabti do not age naturally and can’t die of old age. While some might come into being at age categories other than adulthood, they never leave their original age categories.
Spells and effects that cause aging affect a shabti as normal.
Past-Life Knowledge (Ex)
Shabti remember bits of their past lives. As a result, they treat all Knowledge skills as class skills.
A shabti takes no penalties from energy drain effects, though it can still be killed if it accrues more negative levels than it has Hit Dice. After 24 hours, any negative levels a shabti takes are automatically removed without the need for additional saving throws.
Shabti who are killed are exceptionally difficult to return to life. Anyone who attempts to return a shabti to life using raise dead, resurrection, or a similar spell must succeed at a caster level check whose DC is equal to 10 + the shabti’s Hit Dice. If it fails, the spell fails and the caster can’t return the shabti to life for the next 24 hours (though the caster can try again after this period).
Shabti are facsimiles of wealthy or powerful mortals seeking to escape judgement for their sins upon death. Grown from broken bits of mortal souls, shabti endure whatever cosmic punishments or labor might await their creators in the afterlife unless they’re discovered and freed by psychopomps.
Shabti typically look like idealized humans with perfect physiques and flawless features. They usually stand 6 feet tall and weigh around 175 pounds.
Liberated shabti often explore the planes, seeking to replace their false memories with unique experiences. Shabti are defined by their class levels—they don’t have racial Hit Dice. All shabti have the following racial traits.
- Ability Scores +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma: Shabti have powerful bodies and presences to match.
- Type: Shabti are outsiders with the native subtype.
- Size: Shabti are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Shabti have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Shabti begin play speaking Common. Those with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Darkvision: Shabti have darkvision allowing them to see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Immortal, Immune to Undeath, Past Life Knowledge, Resist Level Drain, Shattered Soul: See above.
- Spell-Like Ability: A shabti can use suggestion once per day as a spell-like ability, with a caster level equal to the shabti’s class level.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 5 © 2015, Paizo Inc.; Authors: Dennis Baker, Jesse Benner, John Bennett, Logan Bonner, Creighton Broadhurst, Robert Brookes, Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Adam Daigle, Thurston Hillman, Eric Hindley, Joe Homes, James Jacobs, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Ben McFarland, Jason Nelson, Thom Phillips, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Alistair Rigg, Alex Riggs, David N. Ross, Wes Schneider, David Schwartz, Mark Seifter, Mike Shel, James L. Sutter, and Linda Zayas-Palmer.